35 minutes ago, Rubens Alarcon said:

You can configure your keyboard for "English-International Keyboard". That way, you only have to type:

' + c = ç

' + e = é

` + e = è

' + a = á

~ + a = ã

^ + e = ê

and so on...

Thanks, I'll see if I can figure out how to do that.

28 minutes ago, geogphotos said:

Fantastic news that Alamy are expanding into markets in different languages. 

I'm in the centre of Madrid hearing thousands of voices most of them, as everywhere, using mobile devices. 

Imagine people in their millions  searching Alamy for 50 cent pics to send to Facebook to show where they are out having fun - better pics than they could take, like postcards of old.

Yes, good news indeed.

It's amazing how digital photography and the Web have changed the nature of travel. People now go places to verify what they've already seen on social media, etc.

"Golly, the Eiffel Tower looks just the same as it did in Uncle Bob's FB pics. Why the heck did I spend all that hard-earned money to get here?" ^_^

But I'm going off on a tangent...

On 12/10/2017 at 19:09, Rubens Alarcon said:

If the user is accessing the Spanish site, it is reasonable to assume he/she is a Spanish speaker, so the use of the comma is correct. A comma replaces the decimal point in Spanish, and in many other languages, including Portuguese, my mother tongue.

I know this. He should be seeing Euros, surely.

Its grammatically incorrect though to have the pound sign and a comma with 2 decimal places.

I'm assuming that the requirement to use only English in captions and tags does not apply to using binomial nomenclature for natural history subjects? 

7 hours ago, cbimages said:

I'm assuming that the requirement to use only English in captions and tags does not apply to using binomial nomenclature for natural history subjects? 

Yes, I don't think translation into Latin is on the horizon.

• Like 2

I already use some portuguese keywording on my images, as I have a few regular brazilian buyers (normal, since most of my work is here). Looking forward to a portuguese version of Alamy, it should increase the reach for the brazilian market. However, I keep my portuguese keywording just to the basics, like the subject name. It is still an english-speaking site so I expect buyers to search mainly in english.

Edited by Octavio Campos Salles