Login

Guest colinspics

Guest colinspics

Every time I start up Safari I am logged in to this forum !

It was suggested by Alamy that I undo my cookies.

However it is STILL happening.

Any suggestions ?

Same thing in Firefox - even after logging out, when I return to the forum I am still logged in. I need to do a full clear of Firefox before I am logged out. This shouldn't happen - it's not normal behaviour. It should behave the same way as the main Alamy login - when you log out you are properly logged out. There is a definite security issue here. Somebody else on the same computer could access one's account (not the main account - just the forum account). in case it's relevant, I am using Mac OS X 10.7.5.

I'm only seeing this in Firefox. I just checked Safari and that is behaving as I would expect. I've cleared Firefox completely several times and have not got it set to save passwords. Odd!

• 3 weeks later...

Alamy quote from locked thread Sign In

Regarding the issue that this thread is actually about, the sign in requirement, this is very likely due to be browser specific to each user, however we are going over the code to make sure there are no errors our side. If there are, we will notify you of changes.

I seem to be the only person still experiencing the issue that this particular thread is about, which is related to the  aforementioned but opposite in that I can't sign out. I do and next time I restart the browser I am automatically signed in. The only way I can sign out fully is to clear all settings - presumably it is to do with cookies.

It is happening to me on two different computers in both Firefox and Safari with different versions of MacOS. I do not have any of my browsers set to save passwords nor is there anything in my keychain etc. The fact that I am experiencing it on two different machines suggests to me that it something to do with my account and is not a browser specific setting as Alamy suggest.

The only reason I am posting this is that it may actually give an indication to whoever is investigating the code of what is wrong, as it may indicate why some people are having problems staying signed in. I suspect it is something to do with how cookies are read on the server. In any case this is not normal behaviour and there has to be a bug somewhere.

Did it!   Back to been logged in full time.  How?

Went into IE8 and cleared cookies. Cookies ONLY mind.  Next logged back into forum then went to another website and when I came back I was still logged into the forum.

Allan

Archived