Can anyone explain to me something about pricing?

Hi there,

I've sold 3 images so far this year. One of them I sold twice as a royalty free image at 4 MB and 1 MB. The other one rights managed, worldwide for 5 years, personal use. On the price list it says that they should have been sold for £140.00, £60.00 and £9.99 respectively. I received instead for them $6.03, $6.23 and $9.77 respectively. When asked, Alamy told me that different clients have different deals, promotions and discount. Far enough, but from £140 to $6.03 (not even pounds, but dollars) and from £60 to $6.23, the discount is what? Over 90% ? And on top of that there is the 50% commission. So I'm left with $3. And it seems to be happening all the time now...

Is this right? Am I missing something here (apart from the money)? Can anybody explain?

Many thanks in advance.

Hi Sergio

Just to clear this up for you, the two RF images that you have sold have been purchased with an RM license - one time use. The price reflects that single usage. 

Thanks

Alamy

I quit looking at the price calculator years ago because it only leads to disappointment. Most of the regular buyers seem to have a special deal of one kind or another. I do make nice amounts often enough to keep me here. I hope a juicy one will arrive for you soon,

Paulette

Thank you Alamy administrator for clarifying that. I didn't know obviously.

Perhaps you could give your contributors a little more details on their sales, thus avoiding questions and complaints. 

On 10/9/2017 at 10:42, Alamy said:

<snip>the two RF images that you have sold have been purchased with an RM license<snip>

What the deuce?!

I read the rules guv, honest, but that sounds mental. :blink:

I have much to learn....much to learn.....

Archived