Show the latest image that you sold on Alamy in October. (1 per day)

8 minutes ago, Phil Robinson said:

I must say I'm finding this thread really interesting.

I'm not a big fan of giving away trade secrets, but seeing the sort of thing that is selling day to day is very informative and, sometimes, encouraging.

http://c7.alamy.com/comp/ACDPXW/radio-telescope-satellite-dishes-dish-of-astronomy-observatory-very-ACDPXW.jpg

Trade secrets is relative.

A search like this will reveal a lot more.

But you're right of course, I'm not sharing the one that sold 4x in one day ;-)

wim

I am also selective with which sale I post. Sorry folks, you won't see the latest one as there are only 3 other images on Alamy (clue: it's a sign), so here's the previous one.

heritage-listed-stock-exchange-arcade-bu

19 minutes ago, gvallee said:

I am also selective with which sale I post. Sorry folks, you won't see the latest one as there are only 3 other images on Alamy (clue: it's a sign), so here's the previous one.

Yes, I was about to post my latest one but had a change of heart (too easy to duplicate). One wants to share, but there's no point in starting a stampede. B)

10 hours ago, wiskerke said:

http://c7.alamy.com/comp/ACDPXW/radio-telescope-satellite-dishes-dish-of-astronomy-observatory-very-ACDPXW.jpg

Trade secrets is relative.

A search like this will reveal a lot more.

But you're right of course, I'm not sharing the one that sold 4x in one day ;-)

wim

Wim,

I'm not computer savvy enough to know what your link revealed.  Do those images represent the most often viewed on Alamy's site?  That's all I could come up with.  Thanks.

Rick

1 minute ago, Rick Lewis said:

Wim,

I'm not computer savvy enough to know what your link revealed.  Do those images represent the most often viewed on Alamy's site?  That's all I could come up with.  Thanks.

Rick

No they are all used outside of Alamy's site. That's what the  -site:Alamy.com is for: to exclude Alamy itself.

Basically you're looking at the most popular pages in Google-rank with Alamy credited images on it (or where Alamy is mentioned close enough to the image).

wim

1 minute ago, wiskerke said:

No they are all used outside of Alamy's site. That's what the  -site:Alamy.com is for: to exclude Alamy itself.

Basically you're looking at the most popular pages in Google-rank with Alamy credited images on it (or where Alamy is mentioned close enough to the image).

wim

Thanks wim!!  I had no idea.  You have forgotten more about computers than I ever hope to learn.  :-)  

Rick

1 minute ago, Rick Lewis said:

Thanks wim!!  I had no idea.  You have forgotten more about computers than I ever hope to learn.  :-)  

Rick

You just have to learn where to look it up. ;-)

Now what was the question again...

Oh yes, the dash is actually a minus sign.

It's easy when you know it.

wim

sankaty-head-lighthouse-nantucket-massac

Licensed on Friday the 13th and it brought me good luck!    $250

I shot this in 2010 and didn't upload it until 2015 when I was organizing some new shots from Cape Cod and wondered what I had been thinking to leave it mouldering on my hard drive.  It makes me want to be out on a beach and not home with the flu, which, sadly, is where I am. I don't think I realized that the shots I liked, those with more complexity, made good stock photos too. Not every buyer wants simplicity. I love it when my favorites sell. It's a first for this one. Happy dance. 

Archived