Posted (edited)

Meditation "boosts Melatonin, Serotonin, GABA, DHEA, Endorphins, Growth Hormone..."

Is it possible for processing to become a form of meditation?

Try to explain "relaxation effect" processing large # of images at one sitting produces;

(ohhhmmm, ohhhhmmm, ohhhmmm, replaced by image--image--image--image--image...)

Or maybe an addiction, albeit productive, that gets satisfied...

Edited by JeffGreenberg
because he bloody took a break from processing

For me it boosts alcohol consumption. 

• Upvote 4

Makes me tired, rather than relaxed. Too much stress over which to process and upload and which to reject. 

Alcohol + processing would put me to sleep......

That said I guess I do get a certain sense of satisfaction from doing the work, researching the background info etc.

I fall asleep when I've had too much of it. Both editing and wine.

You crack me up, Jeff.  :D

All developing pictures get me is a screaming back. Hard to feel meditative when I stand up bent and hobbling for a few steps. Bless that whiplash injury.

But I’ve been hypnotized by watching the agitator of my washing machine. Back when I had one that didn’t shut off when I opened the lid. More than once I checked to see if I needed more detergent, and didn’t wake up until it clicked on drain. :lol:

Betty

Processing as a state of flow.

Processing is part of the creative process. You can enter a state of flow, where you loose all track of time.

I also enter the same flow state, when I am out with a camera making images.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Flow-Psychology-Happiness-Classic-Achieve/dp/0712657592

1 hour ago, vpics said:

For some reason, I think you will be getting a lot of green arrows tonight.  :-)  

• Like 1

I don't find the processing to be very meditative.  However, like Bill mentioned, when I'm actually taking the images my mind can get caught up in the experience.

10 hours ago, vpics said:

9 hours ago, Rick Lewis said:

For some reason, I think you will be getting a lot of green arrows tonight.  :-)  

And some QC fails tomorrow?? ;)

Definately.  Levels, curves, colour, spots, noise, levels, curves, colour, spots, noise, levels, curves, colour, spots, noise, repeat, repeat, repeat...

Bill - like that phrase "state of flow". It can manifest in all sorts of tasks, strimming, chainsaw work, weeding. The key is the flow, with processing I generally work through a batch I know pretty much for sure are all heading for upload. Editing is a separate task which has its own nature of flow.

Don't agree. Processing is exactly a form of Mindfullness meditation where you have to concentrate on the present moment : postprocessing,medata,upload,postprocessing,metadata,upload,postprocessing,medata,upload... with emptiness as result. I still have to work to find the levitation level when I use AIM.

hunting-taking good-salable images ==> satisfaction

processing efficiently ==> calming