One sold, refunded and re-sold the next day for exactly the same price. And one cheap bulk discount sale to Czech Republic all for a measly total of $35. Good zooms though, so here's hoping for a better October,

Scary.  Until the 21st, I'd seen nowt since early August and I was getting seriously worried.  :unsure: Two decent sales in the last 9 days gave me $131 gross.

The first half of the year was very positive and I was looking forward to breaking the sales volume of last year very early, but things slowed dramatically from July: zooms continue to slide and the outlook ain't rosy...:(

Good month (above average) for me with 16 licenses for $763 gross. Two $100+ sales in the bunch.

Curiously, I was in a worrying CTR meltdown for most of the month even though things seemed to be humming along nicely. However, my CTR picked up about a week ago, and things are now back to normal after a spate of zooms. It sure doesn't take much to upset the apple cart, as the old saying goes.

With todays surprising sale I'm at 3 sales for $180 in September which is my best month in volume and $$$, which considering I started in February I'm pleased with. I've put the effort in to upload over 2200 images since then and I think it's finally paying off. Not much compared to some but it's reassuring to see what I put up clients want.

12 minutes ago, Bryan said:

57 zooms, 16 for $620 gross,  $7.50 to $150.

Income better than last year's average, canny for a laddie...

It sounds as if adding all those new images has paid off for you. Your trusty old NEX-6 certainly paid for itself.

Both my sales and income trajectories look remarkably similar to last year's, which is good news all things considered.

27 sales for $584 gross.  My best month for sales and revenue since I was accepted to Alamy and especially pleasing as every sale was direct.  Prices could be higher - too many low figures from magazine and newspaper sales - but that seems to be par for the course.  Zooms holding up very well at 36 so far with Friday's figures to come and CTR comfortably above average.  

1 hour ago, John Mitchell said:

It sounds as if adding all those new images has paid off for you. Your trusty old NEX-6 certainly paid for itself.

Both my sales and income trajectories look remarkably similar to last year's, which is good news all things considered.

Yes thanks John, things could be worse! I've just splashed out £35 (gasp!) on a Pentax 28mm f2.8 lens from Ebay, to replace that which fell apart over the summer. No expense spared in the fight for profit! I've been using an even older Pentax K lens of late, which is as sharp as  a sharp thing in the centre, but produces decidedly dodgy edges, the M lens was better overall. Fingers crossed.

Good to see us oldies doing satisfactorily. Missing the odd chat by e-mail, pity Alamy took away the option.

Archived