Brasilnut

Sales floor?

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, geogphotos said:

 

Alamy have around 50,000 photographers. We are not being singled out or ignored if we aren't the ones mentioned in tweets.

 

And this is business pure and simple. What I love about it is that it is a total meritocracy. I will always be grateful to Alamy for enabling me to do what I want to do - be a stock photographer. 

 

I didn't say singled out. I said the same ones are promoted. Others do well too, and maybe they'd be promoted if they tweeted, maybe not, I don't know. I just know what I see.

 

Of course it's business but others do well too, as I said. I could say more and keep trying to explain but it's less stressful to just leave it alone.

 

Geoff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, GS-Images said:

 

I didn't say singled out. I said the same ones are promoted. Others do well too, and maybe they'd be promoted if they tweeted, maybe not, I don't know. I just know what I see.

 

Of course it's business but others do well too, as I said. I could say more and keep trying to explain but it's less stressful to just leave it alone.

 

Geoff.

 

 

Eh?

 

If you don't want to take part in the discussion that is fine with me. 

Edited by geogphotos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, geogphotos said:

Eh?

 

If you don't want to take part in the discussion that is fine. 

 

Forum participation is optional. If you find it stressful there seems like an obvious solution. 

 

What is the matter with you Ian? You've taken digs at me since the first post you made to me. You just don't let anything go and you consistently criticise and take swipes at every comment I make. You never agree, you just disagree and find fault with everything. You aren't capable of having a polite friendly discussion, and believe me I've tried with you many times and I'm always polite and friendly and often bite my tongue when you're rude, and when you make sarcastic comments in a fake "friendly" tone, as if you think I don't know you're being sarcastic.

 

Anyone who thinks I'm over-reacting doesn't know the past.

 

I find the forum stressful because of people like YOU - Someone who should know better considering your past job!!!

 

Geoff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, GS-Images said:

 

 

 

Anyone who thinks I'm over-reacting doesn't know the past.

 

 

 

 

Eh?????

 

I'm off out to take some pics. No idea how to respond really because whatever I say will be misinterpreted.

 

But.......Try and keep calm Geoff. 

 

 

Edited by geogphotos
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stressful? This is just a small forum, in a distant part of the galaxy, where photographers can discuss stock. It may not be the best place to air so many grievances. They tend to monopolise the threads...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, John Morrison said:

Stressful? This is just a small forum, in a distant part of the galaxy, where photographers can discuss stock. It may not be the best place to air so many grievances. They tend to monopolise the threads...

 

I honestly have no grievances at all, let alone 'so many'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, geogphotos said:

 

I honestly have no grievances at all, let alone 'so many'.

 

It wasn't you suggesting the forum was "stressful"...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Stressful? This is just a small forum, in a distant part of the galaxy, where photographers can discuss stock. It may not be the best place to air so many grievances. They tend to monopolise the threads...

 

I agree. Whatever grievances aren't new and hopefully will be resolved soon. I find that stress and negative feelings in general are a real burden when it comes to creative work. It's a myth that the best work of major artists were during their most sad/stressful periods in life. In fact, research has proven the contrary. 

 

Perhaps we can get back to the purpose of this thread? Anybody have any constructive stress stories to share on making it in this game? Any moments they thought about giving up...what made you not give up?

 

In my case I didn't give up because I could see my images were being viewed and zoomed so at least someone was showing interest. Sounds silly I know. 

Edited by Brasilnut

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all,

 

We seem to have gone a bit off topic here so locking this thread down. 

 

Cheers, 

Alamy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.