Olympus Tough T5

Anyone else got one of these which i have just acquired mainly for underwater photos? Shoots RAW - but is it good enough for Alamy? Anyone submitted any images, underwater or not?

Thanks 

Cheers

Kumar (the Doc one)

4 hours ago, Johnnie5 said:

It has that very small 1/2.3 sensor so it might be automatically disqualified.  Maybe ask contributor services about it.

Similar to the go pro sensor and many smartphones, so unlikely to pass, as they don't.

• 3 years later...

Alamy recommend Micro 4/3 and above, however many manage to use the 1" (13.2 x 8.8 mm) sensor of the Sony RX100 but with care. The sensor of the Tough T5 is 1/4 the size of the Sony RX100 (6.1 x 4.6 mm), plus it's 4 years old now. Pretty unlikely Alamy are going to pass images from it I'd say.

On 17/09/2017 at 21:48, Doc said:

Anyone else got one of these which i have just acquired mainly for underwater photos? Shoots RAW - but is it good enough for Alamy? Anyone submitted any images, underwater or not?

Thanks 

Cheers

Kumar (the Doc one)

If you have an iPhone, you could upload images from the t5 using the obvious phone route. Or just use the iPhone for underwater photography.

Underwater specs here.

And then there is archival.

wim

• Thanks 1

Why not email Alamy and ask. This is the sort of question where some input here from Alamy would be very useful as most contributors don't actually know. The blog post is 3 years out of date as well and an awful lot has happened in that time at the lower end of the market.

I get the feeling that they are less concerned now with the type of camera used than they were in the past given the huge explosion in images from other agencies which no doubt have different QC requirements. A lot of modern phone cameras are capable of producing better images than older DSLRs for sure (depending always on who is pressing the shutter). Also as it is not a requirement to include the EXIF data when uploading except for the initial batch, there is no doubt that there are going to be images from all sorts of cameras that would not have made it onto the original acceptable camera list.

I have a GoPro 9 which I use for video and have never used for stills but a quick test now gives me images that I am pretty sure would pass QC if I tried. I am not intending to do so as I have a long record of QC passes and would not wish to endanger that. However, it might be worth considering a GoPro as they are not expensive and can do all sorts of things including underwater.

44 minutes ago, Marcin Sadurski said:

I have no idea how to search by camera model.

No, you can't. I think Mr. Standfast was making the point that not all images are checked by QC, only a sample from each batch so there may be many images that made it on to Alamy from that camera, maybe even phone images slip through since we don't have to include the EXIF data when uploading apart from the initial submission. If you're taking unique underwater images then you could also downsize to just over 6MP to minimize any potential problems. 

• Thanks 1