Missing images

In AIM and under “Quality control” heading there is a figure giving the total number of images in your port, both passed and failed. Mine reads 4005.

Now when I click on “QC” heading it gives the choice to view either passed or failed images. Yet when I click on both Passed and failed images boxes the reading is 3981.

What I would like to know is does anyone else see this anomaly in their totals, and where have my other 24 images gone and how do I find them?

Allan

Yes, if you can be bothered to scroll down, the deleted ones are shown with a drop down tab. I think in most cases you should be able to see which ones you deleted.

The coloured tab, normally green that lives on the extreme right-hand side of the 'all submissions' changes to a   pale orange colour.

Another thought following on from original post.

As our deleted images are still visible in AIM, including failed images, means that they are still being held on Alamy's system.

Surely deleted images should be removed from the system completely. These images are simply cluttering up the system and taking up what could be needed space. Also they could be used in ways which they were not meant to be by the contributor. Also if they were used the contributor would have no knowledge of the use either.

I also think that all failed images should be removed from the system as all these (deleted and failed) images are artificially adding to the total of saleable images.

What do you think? Am I wrong?

Allan

Allan, 

There's a section under the contributor contract re deletion. If I'm reading this correctly this says that if an image has been licensed, Alamy  can re-license it within a two year period following its deletion. To my mind this means if you delete an image that hasn't ever been licensed it should be removed straightaway; if it has been licensed it can be held for a further two years and deleted after then.

2 hours ago, davidhu said:

Allan, 

There's a section under the contributor contract re deletion. If I'm reading this correctly this says that if an image has been licensed, Alamy  can re-license it within a two year period following its deletion. To my mind this means if you delete an image that hasn't ever been licensed it should be removed straightaway; if it has been licensed it can be held for a further two years and deleted after then.

To the best of my knowledge none of my deleted images were ever licensed.

Allan

3 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

To the best of my knowledge none of my deleted images were ever licensed.

Allan

Allan,

In which case then I believe they should have been deleted. Might be worth checking with Member Services what the policy is and where this is covered off in the terms and conditions.

Archived