Sign in to follow this  
Travelshots

googleads........

invisioncloudstats ,     googleads  , google this and that...all these come up as my browser loads the alamy page and take ages sometimes to resolve. Why do we have to have a connection to google when I want to see my sales on alamy ?????

Try finding a web page that doesn't have that. It's annoying but is normal, and many have a lot more scripts running than Alamy. Mainly for ads and tracking, which Alamy uses to know what we and customers are looking at, where we arrived at the site from, where we go to afterwards, etc..

Invision.....whoever, run the forum software.

Geoff.

I delete history and cookies at the end of the day, and that takes care of them. Protect your privacy.

15 minutes ago, Bill Brooks said:

I delete history and cookies at the end of the day, and that takes care of them. Protect your privacy.

Scripts are different and once they've run, they've run. On certain websites (obviously not the likes of Alamy) scripts can be dangerous if you allow them to run at all.

My browser security automatically blocks unsavoury cookies and certain scripts. It's helpful to keep some cookies between browser sessions so I don't let my browser delete them all.

Geoff.

2 hours ago, Travelshots said:

invisioncloudstats ,     googleads  , google this and that...all these come up as my browser loads the alamy page and take ages sometimes to resolve. Why do we have to have a connection to google when I want to see my sales on alamy ?????

I'm not sure if it will help on this case, but extensions like this one - that I use - (https://disconnect.me/) are a good way of minimizing intrusion on your browsing activities. I also have a VPN app installed in my computers and other devices. I use this one: https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/.

I use AdBlock Pro. Plus.

Edited by Cryptoprocta
Correction

52 minutes ago, Cryptoprocta said:

I use AdBlock Pro.

Adblock here too. On my PC at home I have Adblock plus as well as.