Batch rejection

Very interested in your bat photographs.  You should be well aware that it is a criminal offence in the UK to intentionally or recklessly disturb a bat in its roost.  This includes flash photography without a special licence.  To avoid legal problems you should include the licence details in the additional information on those three Pipistrelle images.

What I see about the OP is that he has a very thin skin, who thinks his you-know- what doesn't stink, and absolutely cannot handle failure, because he thinks his work is perfect.

Where is Philippe when we need him? 

OP, you have, as a newbie, come onto the forum and managed to insult Alamy, and everyone here. This forum is one of the most helpful you could ever want, whose members would spend an inordinate time helping you.  Too bad. Flaming is not what we practice here. Obviously, that's your cup of tea. If you are rejecting your behaving in a polite manner, and rejecting help, then take your presence here out the door along with your account. Your presumption that you know more what Alamy is about over people who have been here for years is laughable.

Sticking around just to be rude isn't wanted.

Betty

7 hours ago, TerryBrooks said:

Hmmm let's see, that's a great idea, post my material for inspection to a hostile audience many of whom are clearly fanboys who cannot tolerate any criticsim of the Gods who brain washed them into doing all the work for them, perhaps not
It's all academic really as I requested to close the account yesterday anyway, I'm confident in my ability as a photographer and do sell plenty of my images in print
Here's another thing that Alamy aren't good at... account closure, why on Earth should it take 45 days ?, maybe they like to hang on to images for as long as possible ?, who knows but 45 days to close an account is also ridiculous

It's too bad you can't see through your cloak of hostility to realize that good people on this forum were willing to use their time to help you out. You're not doing yourself any favours.

(Sorry for sarcasm below - for me this was one of the most painful threads to read) 

I think the OP may realise that Alamy does not become his favorite place because

- Alamy has a subjective QC only going after him and failing his batches

- the forum is driven by photographers that can be defined as hostile competition

- everyone in the forum is against him

- nobody gets his point(s) 

Shame. From the look of his passed images, he looked to be someone who, with an attitude adjustment, could sell here.  

Of course, he would need to have work here that wasn't on every Tom, Dick and Harry micro site. And I shudder to think of his reaction to that opinion.

⚡️💨🔪🗯:ph34r:

Wow! & Ha Ha That is one of the funniest threads I've read, especially once he started replying to everything contributors said especially "fanboy". I might have to use that LOL!

I can slightly understand his point about all imaged failing, but it's actually a good thing that Alamy check the images, there are loads of bad photos on Alamy, imagine how many there would be if Alamy didn't test them?

Also, we all sometimes rush and cut corners to get things online, this makes me double check for Focus, spots etc so I don't have waste time having to re-do images. Plus, if you are wanting images to sell, surely you need to know they are being checked and you yourself are encouraged to check, so surely it's pretty obvious the buyer wants a certain quality?

If the image quality was rubbish, you'd probably end up having loads of images sell and then have a load of refunds

I've had three images fail, one was softness, one was chromatic aberration & one I uploaded in error and e-mailed Alamy as I'd uploaded a small version, I've only got a couple of thousand images here, but in the old AIM it used to show you which image it was, as does the new AIM, so everything doesn't have to be re-done anyway.

Shame I couldn't get to see his 8 images 

Chris

On 9/8/2017 at 04:29, Martin Carlsson said:

Wow - that was a wasted 5-10 mins genuinely trying to be friendly/welcoming/helpful to a "newcomer". Hat's off even further for the ones that does this on regular basis!

+1 for the comment about the regulars who try and help, I only look every now & then, but some contributors are very patient

1 hour ago, GS-Images said:

We don't usually receive such a hostile and rude reaction from someone new who doesn't have a clue about Alamy. I honestly wonder if......oh I'd better not say.  :D

Most newbies either ignore us completely, or post a friendly, grateful response. Of course there are a few regulars here who can't seem to help themselves be aggressive or rude to new members, but everyone is this thread was more than polite and welcoming and gave the guy more than one chance to calm down and start again. Like social media, some people just can't help attacking in forums, a bit like "trolls" (I've never been sure what that means!) on Twitter who plague celebrities simply for their own pleasure.

Geoff.

Yes Geoff, I was also going to say, it did remind me of a Facebook or twitter style response & maybe that's where he spends his time!

On 9/7/2017 at 08:12, TerryBrooks said:

Nonsense, of course the criteria is subjective as they are not measurable criteria, perhaps someone else ought to do some fact checking before shouting their mouth off, you act like a fanboy for God's sake, it's clear that Alamy adopt this approach as a punitive measure, not very business like at all really

Stick to pennies a photo.   The photos that Alamy accepted are good enough photos though there are a lot of other puffins with sand eel shots out there.  The bats are good.  One of the tricks to this is to look for niches that other people haven't filled yet and fill them.  I'm in Nicaragua so what I can do that hasn't been done to death by tourists requires some searching and local connections.  My second sale here was for around $80 of a big game rifle owned by a expat gun and weapons collector.    One photo I haven't taken is of Volcan Masaya, because if I bother with that, it has to be better than every other picture of Volcan Masaya to be worth it.  

Sharpness is actually as close as it gets to an objective criteria.  Color fringing is also pretty objective as are sensor dust spots and motion blur.  

On 9/9/2017 at 11:59, Betty LaRue said:

Shame. From the look of his passed images, he looked to be someone who, with an attitude adjustment, could sell here.  

Of course, he would need to have work here that wasn't on every Tom, Dick and Harry micro site. And I shudder to think of his reaction to that opinion.

⚡️💨🔪🗯:ph34r:

Alamy thoughtfully provides over a dozen other puffins with sand eels in their bills.  Google Images comes up with about two pages of them.  

On 9/7/2017 at 15:53, John Richmond said:

Very interested in your bat photographs.  You should be well aware that it is a criminal offence in the UK to intentionally or recklessly disturb a bat in its roost.  This includes flash photography without a special licence.  To avoid legal problems you should include the licence details in the additional information on those three Pipistrelle images.

Put your dick away John, seriously trying to clutch at straws and have digs

Does it look like it's at it's roost ?, it's on my shed wall where I placed it during it's re-release into the wild after having been rescued by myself  under the BCT

24 minutes ago, TerryBrooks said:

Put your dick away John, seriously trying to clutch at straws and have digs

Does it look like it's at it's roost ?, it's on my shed wall where I placed it during it's re-release into the wild after having been rescued by myself  under the BCT

If that is your reaction when someone tries to help I fear for your sanity.  

I will only say that from what you have stated you will have no difficulty in attaching evidence of the appropriate authorisation to satisfy potential buyers that you are in compliance with the UK legislation.  They and Alamy are also at risk should you fail to do so.

BTW I have not given you a red arrow for your offensive and inappropriate comment.  Nor have I informed Alamy.  That is not my nature.   With a wife, three sisters, two daughters, and two granddaughters I have been insulted by experts.  Petty barbs by ill mannered individuals have no effect.

Well, Terry, look at your reputation (that's the -47 in red) under your name.  That is a wee hint that you are rude. Maybe not so wee.

Look at the reputations of others here, that will give you a clue that politeness and helpfulness is valued.  

Betty

On 9/7/2017 at 07:43, Jill Morgan said:

This thread sent me ver to check some images at F------, one of those micro sites. Adobe has bought it and now you can get a subscription there for .19 per image.  What does the photographer get? .01?

Jill

Hate to say it, but they get F---- all. B)

• Alamy locked this topic

Archived