Hurricane Irma

Sultanpepa

1 hour ago, Cecile Marion said:

It's really too bad your trip to Florida has been affected by a storm. Bad enough for those of us who live here, but doubly awful for visitors. 

We'll take it in our stride Cecile, and a talking point in the future I'm sure. Florida's wildlife never fails to amaze me. I had a male Cardinal sit in a bush less that six feet away this morning. Wonderful colour. :)

Nice! One of my favorite birds. Up here in North Florida cardinals are a dime a dozen. ;-)

Next trip you'll have to see our part of the state. Just minutes down the road from me is Paynes Prairie Preserve State Park where alligators, bison, horses and hogs roam wild, not to mention the marvelous local and migrating bird populations. https://www.floridastateparks.org/park/Paynes-Prairie

Best of luck, and stay safe.

8 hours ago, Lynn Palmer said:

Yesterday it was a long, rainy, very windy and very boring day in Boca Raton, Florida as Irma passed by. Today, trees are down and no power for many so it's going to be hot. Oh well, it could have been worse and it will get better soon.

Yes it was a long day. It's so quiet and peaceful now though. :) 

We didn't get a lot of sleep last night here in Gainesville, Florida, but made it through the storm okay. We had no real issues and kept our electrical power, but many neighbors suffered significant damage. There's also a lot of local flooding here in our town. 

Archived