Reverse match a photo in alamy Image manager

Is there a wayto reverse match a photo in Alamy Image manger.  Ie a photo sells, I click on the image in the sales history and it opens that image in AIM.  I then want to find the submission upload that it came from.  Is there a way to do this?

Also is there a search function in the forum? 

Graham

I have wished for that function myself. For instance, an image sells and I see there needs to be a tag added or deleted. I have two more similars, and I want to change the tag field of all.  Can't do it, only can edit the image that sold. What I do is use the tag(s) of the sold image in a search in AIM. All of those similars will be there. I might have to wade through others, but if the tag I want to add or delete is important, I'm sure most of the images could benefit from the edit.

Betty

11 hours ago, Graham Hardy said:

Is there a wayto reverse match a photo in Alamy Image manger.  Ie a photo sells, I click on the image in the sales history and it opens that image in AIM.  I then want to find the submission upload that it came from.  Is there a way to do this?

Also is there a search function in the forum? 

Graham

5 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

I have wished for that function myself. For instance, an image sells and I see there needs to be a tag added or deleted. I have two more similars, and I want to change the tag field of all.  Can't do it, only can edit the image that sold. What I do is use the tag(s) of the sold image in a search in AIM. All of those similars will be there. I might have to wade through others, but if the tag I want to add or delete is important, I'm sure most of the images could benefit from the edit.

Betty

As Betty said, if you simply copy the first 5 or 6 tags and paste into AIM, (you will have to put spaces in), you should come up with the same uploaded images.

Although, I'd guess if you have thousands & thousands of images, it may give you a wider selection if they are common tags.

It also works if you copy the caption and paste that into AIM & on the test I just did I didn't need to put spaces in, so works better

Chris

Thanks all - it is as I thought, not an available function.  Yeah I search using the phrase that the customer has used, but it would just be quicker to be able to reverse match, but it is as it is.  Its also a bit tedious to have to select and copy the tags and then add spaces to them.  

While on the subject of copy and pasting  tags, In the old image manager you could highlight and select a group of tags,  and then copy and paste them into the keyword field of another image.  In the new AIM when I highlight a group of tags and then add them into the keyword field they paste in as one big tag with no spaces.  Is there a way to copy a group of tags from one image to another?  Or is it another bit of wishful thinking? 

2 hours ago, Graham Hardy said:

Thanks all - it is as I thought, not an available function.  Yeah I search using the phrase that the customer has used, but it would just be quicker to be able to reverse match, but it is as it is.  Its also a bit tedious to have to select and copy the tags and then add spaces to them.  

While on the subject of copy and pasting  tags, In the old image manager you could highlight and select a group of tags,  and then copy and paste them into the keyword field of another image.  In the new AIM when I highlight a group of tags and then add them into the keyword field they paste in as one big tag with no spaces.  Is there a way to copy a group of tags from one image to another?  Or is it another bit of wishful thinking?

You may want to look at the instructions again, because this function was the main improvement.

(From page 19 on).

wim

:) Never have looked at the instructions!  Just figured it out as I went along.  Which probably explains why I missed this.

However I just tried to highlight a group of tags, and paste  them into the keyword box of another image, but they paste in as one long string, no spaces, so no use.  I know I can select both images and click on each tag so it is common to both images, but that's not as quick as copy and paste, which is what you used to be able to do.  But maybe i need to look at the instructions....

3 minutes ago, Graham Hardy said:

:) Never have looked at the instructions!  Just figured it out as I went along.  Which probably explains why I missed this.

However I just tried to highlight a group of tags, and paste  them into the keyword box of another image, but they paste in as one long string, no spaces, so no use.  I know I can select both images and click on each tag so it is common to both images, but that's not as quick as copy and paste, which is what you used to be able to do.  But maybe i need to look at the instructions....

You can't copy and paste as such because of the tag character limit. You have to go via a word processor and run a macro to remove the carriage returns.

It's something we've been asking for for months, but there's been no reply from Alamy about it.

Just now, spacecadet said:

You can't copy and paste as such because of the tag character limit. You have to go via a word processor and run a macro to remove the carriage returns.

Thats what I understood to be the case - but Wiskerke seems to suggest otherwise?.  

He's describing how to copy over common tags in AIM. That's different because you have to have both images showing at once, and that's very difficult if you have to scroll down through thousands of images to find the "donor" image. I usually find it quicker to go the macro route.

Wim's top suggestion was to use [ref] OR [ref] in search because that returns both images. But then you have to know the Alamy reference of the "donor" image.

3 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

He's describing how to copy over common tags in AIM. That's different because you have to have both images showing at once, and that's very difficult if you have to scroll down through thousands of images to find the "donor" image. I usually find it quicker to go the macro route.

Wim's top suggestion was to use [ref] OR [ref] in search because that returns both images. But then you have to know the Alamy reference of the "donor" image.

So just to be clear in the way I understand it and to make sure Im not missing something (I really should read the instructions...)  he is talking about having two images selected, one older image  that has  tags, the other newer one  has none, and  you click on each tag in the old image to apply it to the new tag?  Thats what I think he is saying.  Which is what I do.  But you cant just copy and paste a group of tags from one image to another, unless you do it in a word processor and inset commas between each tag, then when you copy and paste  each tag is separated where the comma appears, and is inserted as an individual tag.  Thats how I understand it.  

2 minutes ago, Graham Hardy said:

So just to be clear in the way I understand it and to make sure Im not missing something (I really should read the instructions...)  he is talking about having two images selected, one older image  that has  tags, the other newer one  has none, and  you click on each tag in the old image to apply it to the new tag?  Thats what I think he is saying.  Which is what I do.  But you cant just copy and paste a group of tags from one image to another, unless you do it in a word processor and inset commas between each tag, then when you copy and paste  each tag is separated where the comma appears, and is inserted as an individual tag.  Thats how I understand it.  

That is correct. The clicking of the individual tags to copy them over is the main improvement.

The other method has been described very early on and needs a text editor page in between.

It's the best of the workarounds.

wim

Yes.

If you copy and paste tags from AIM to a WP the character string will probably have carriage returns in it. It will paste into AIM as a single tag but only up to the tag limit of 150 characters. You must remove the CRs, which is very tedious by hand but quite quick with a macro. They will then paste as separate tags. In MS Word you may get a bullet point as well but that's ignored by search. It's messy but as Wim says it's the best we have until Alamy fix it, which is looking unlikely.

I needed to

2 minutes ago, wiskerke said:

No need to remove CRs that was a red herring. You do have to insert commas.

wim

Ooer, you're right. I'm sure I needed to originally. I never needed to put in commas (Word 2010) but now I don't even need to run the macro. Just paste, recopy and repaste.

Thanks, Wim. Again.

Archived