GS-Images

Favourite images uploaded in September 2017

A couple of Common Darter Dragonflies.

common-darter-dragonfly-immature-male-sy

common-darter-dragonfly-female-sympetrum

Helophilus pendulus (European Hoverfly), AKA The Footballer, The Sunfly, Common Tiger Hoverfly.

helophilus-pendulus-european-hoverfly-ak

A flock of cows dressed up as seagulls (probably Herring Gulls but I have many of those already so don't want to ID them properly, as I want others seen instead if that's all someone searches for).

flock-of-seagulls-flying-low-over-a-lake

Mr Moo.

Edited by GS-Images
typo

Mr Nut - Oh I recognise the cow on that sign. I think it's one of mine? I didn't sign a release form so don't use it for anything but editorial, OK?  :D

• Like 1

Geoff, there is a restaurant in Greenwich Village called Cowgirl. They have ranch-themed signs on the restrooms. I heard a woman ask her friend, "Am I a heifer?". I'm sorry to tell you they don't want to call the ladies restroom "Cows". No woman wants to be called a cow.

Paulette

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, NYCat said:

Geoff, there is a restaurant in Greenwich Village called Cowgirl. They have ranch-themed signs on the restrooms. I heard a woman ask her friend, "Am I a heifer?". I'm sorry to tell you they don't want to call the ladies restroom "Cows". No woman wants to be called a cow.

Paulette

That sounds like a place I need to visit some day.  :) 

A couple of about 180 images from my recent trip to Armenia and Georgia. Still working through them.

K6DFNN.jpg

Detail of the Bridge Of Peace in Tbilisi, Georgia. Stock Photo

Edited by Rob C
  • Like 1

This is a scan from an old slide I shot back in 1988. I'd been working on the film set for a TV mini series called Codename Kyril the previous day and sweet talked the producer into letting me come back to shoot this scene on day two. They took a day to set it up, one car was re sprayed as it wasn't the right colour for the script and they'd been paying people with cars parked on the street £50 - £100 to move them, depending on how stubborn they were! A lot of money back then. I'm not sure if it will ever sell but you never know...

a-still-of-two-cars-exploding-from-the-s

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

One pic that I've only just processed from a South America trip. Machu Picchu during the rainy season.

blick-auf-machu-picchu-wahrend-der-nasse

Edited by vpics
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, vpics said:

One pic that I've only just processed from a South America trip. Machu Picchu during the rainy season.

blick-auf-machu-picchu-wahrend-der-nasse

Looks almost like a fantasy, though I know it is real. How fabulous to see it in person.

Paulette

• Like 1

Although for most of the day it was shrouded in fog. And I mean "completely covered in it".

Probably will never be licensed on here but I really like it. At first I was annoyed that the couple at the far end sat there for ages and wouldn't move but I'm glad they did as they add to the story. Taken in Antibes, France

dark-and-scary-tunnel-in-antibes-cote-dazur-france-K2YJRE.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

A couple of beautiful tits.

cyanistes-caeruleus-adult-eurasian-blue-

cyanistes-caeruleus-eurasian-blue-tit-ad

Eupatorium cannabinum plant (I thought I posted this before but I don't see it, so maybe not, but apologies if I have, other than in the ID thread).

eupatorium-cannabinum-plant-also-known-a

Geoff.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Steve Hyde said:

This is a scan from an old slide I shot back in 1988. I'd been working on the film set for a TV mini series called Codename Kyril the previous day and sweet talked the producer into letting me come back to shoot this scene on day two. They took a day to set it up, one car was re sprayed as it wasn't the right colour for the script and they'd been paying people with cars parked on the street £50 - £100 to move them, depending on how stubborn they were! A lot of money back then. I'm not sure if it will ever sell but you never know...

a-still-of-two-cars-exploding-from-the-s

The only sensible use for an Austin Maestro.

A Taino man and woman, natives of Cuba perform a traditional healing ritual for tourists

A Taino man and woman natives of Cuba perform a traditional healing ritiual for tourists Stock Photo

Autumn leaves. I absolutely love the contrasting colours we often get where I live, where the clouds are dull and stormy, yet in the opposite direction the sun is out and lighting things up - Like these leaves. Makes for lovely colours and contrast.

autumn-colours-fall-colors-colourful-lea

These next 2 are purely reflections, looking directly into some very still water. With the first one I did try to get foreground in that showed the grass at the side of the water, to make it clear it was a reflection. That's what is blurred on the far left, which I obviously didn't get quite right. It was a little dark so I couldn't close the aperture too much for more DoF.

trees-and-blue-sky-reflecting-in-still-w

tree-and-blue-sky-reflections-in-perfect

Another Autumn leaf.

autumn-leaf-closeup-at-the-start-of-autu

A guy drowning his sorrows..

man-outside-drinking-in-the-daytime-appe

Jaguar C-Type Proteus at Shelsley Walsh on Saturday 16th September. Part of the Autumn Speed Finale. Uploaded a few images on Live New. Alas, no takers it seems.

Worcestershire, UK. 16th September, 2017. A Jaguar C-Type Proteus being raced at the Autumn Speed Finale at Shelsley Stock Photo

Edited by Rob C

Festival images that I have just got around to processing.

a-young-man-crowd-surfs-over-the-audience-at-the-victorious-music-K53F8F.jpg

a-man-holds-a-red-flare-at-a-music-festival-K53F60.jpg

a-shirtless-bearded-man-wears-glitter-at-a-music-festival-K53F2M.jpg

Yoga on Parliament Hill in Ottawa

free-group-yoga-class-on-parliament-hill

The north sea ferry from North Shields ( Newcastle)  to Ijmuiden (Amsterdam) was delayed for around 5 hours due to strong onshore winds. Eventually they sent out two tugs to bring it into harbour and rotate it so that it could be berthed. Normally it does the job unaided. This would have made a good Live News shot, but, as a person from mid the previous century, I don't have the technology to upload on the hoof. Still it made an interesting photo.

dfds-north-sea-ferry-princess-seaways-be

Edited by Bryan

I've been there often but there is always something special about these dunes near Tarifa, Spain.

dunes-sand-dune-of-punta-paloma-valdevaq

dunes-sand-dune-of-punta-paloma-valdevaq