Some time ago Alamy removed our links below the posts so we had only one option to contact the person by private message (PM). Now the PM is gone too, so my question is - how do I contact someone here on Alamy's forum? :huh:

Honestly, I'm with many forums and this is the only one without PM option! WHY?

I always put my contact details on here as I think it's courteous to identify yourself and as Arletta has said, some people may wish to contact each other for advice etc. I know that quite a few people here contact me with photographic matters not necessarily related to Alamy or stock and I'm happy to help when I can. Seems fair in the spirit of professional co-operation. I'm easy to find via Google anyway and I get many enquiries from all over the world from students and experienced photographers about stuff and I always try to respond and help if I can. 

Not sure if Alamy approves or not as they removed our signatures. I'm sure they will let me know if not.

Pete Davis

www.pete-davis-photography.com

http://peteslandscape.blogspot.co.uk

4 hours ago, Martin Carlsson said:

Also worth noting that there is a field for one's website address in everyone's profile, most I'm sure have a website or some sort of page to link to, where they also provide contact details. Make sure to fill it out.

Are you sure about that? Just logged into my profile & couldn't see anywhere to enter a website address... ?

Martyn

archaeoimages.com

3 minutes ago, Archaeo said:

Are you sure about that? Just logged into my profile & couldn't see anywhere to enter a website address... ?

Martyn

archaeoimages.com

Edit profile --> Contact Methods, then the third field from the top. You might not see where it actually goes on your profile before something is filled out within "edit profile". 

4 minutes ago, Martin Carlsson said:

Edit profile --> Contact Methods, then the third field from the top. You might not see where it actually goes on your profile before something is filled out within "edit profile". 

Found it... thanks for the clarification, I'd expected to see a blank heading in the main profile page.

Archived