Show the latest image that you sold on Alamy in September. (1 per day)

22 hours ago, wiskerke said:

Thank you! I'm a fan of Lowry. Don't readily recognize the Lowry in myself though.

However...

Just found out where the image (most probably) has been used:

illustrating a funny traveller letter about "miracle cures" on international flights.  This is the complete letter:

MIRACLES AT 30,000 FEET

Has anyone else experienced "miracle cures" on international flights?

I have witnessed this several times on long-haul sectors where an apparently disabled person in a wheelchair obtains priority boarding but on arrival walks off the plane unassisted. First to board, but not last to leave.

Why fly to Lourdes when the flight itself has miraculous healing properties?

<name> <place>

;-)

wim

Great image Wim!   And when I checked out that web page where it is found, there was another letter with a super restaurant recommendation for here in Vancouver.  Bonus!

Maria

3 hours ago, MariaJ said:

Great image Wim!   And when I checked out that web page where it is found, there was another letter with a super restaurant recommendation for here in Vancouver.  Bonus!

Maria

Thank you! The interwebs are still full of surprises!

Just checked that image. I have been to Chicago O'Hare a couple of times but only had 3 opportunities to take pictures. This one has sold 5 times (av 13.39) fortunately it's total is just 4.210606127619782 % of the total of my O'Hare images. They have been nicked thousands of times over the years and litter the web. At one point there were 3500 on tumblr alone within one week. This one not so much; only a couple have escaped into the wild.

wim

1 hour ago, GS-Images said:

This IQ sale just popped in. RM, yet a licence for unlimited use for unlimited time. Not even the usual 5 years. So in other words, it's really an RF sale despite my choice of RM.

elderly-lady-bowling-on-a-bowling-green-

Geoff.

Doesn't really seem right, nothing you can do about that?  Makes me unsure whether I want to upload images if someone can buy them with that sort of licence.

I guess so. My measures showed three sessions for a total of about three thousand views! And, I think, 48 zooms. I don't usually know if a zoom has translated to a sale but this one did. Maybe it was the copy space. It was a commercial use.

Paulette

43 minutes ago, dlmphotog said:

private-college-preparatory-school-senio

Usage: iQ sale: Single company - multiple use editorial only
Industry sector: Education
Start: 06 September 2017
Duration: Unlimited

RM sold as RF :mellow:

I don't understand how a RM photo uploaded to Alamy can be licensed as RF. What is the point in contributors deciding how they want their photos to be sold if it can be changed? As the definition of RM in my limited understanding is a one time license, how can this be unlimited? Has Alamy provided any explanation of this to anyone?

10 minutes ago, Sally said:

I don't understand how a RM photo uploaded to Alamy can be licensed as RF. What is the point in contributors dwodifyijg how they want their photos to be sold if it can be changed? As as the definition of RM in my limited understanding is a one time license, how can this be unlimited? Has Alamy provided any explanation if this to anyone?

Sally,

It's a bit frustrating for sure but it's Alamy "Ball & Bat" so they get to set the rules.

Overall I have been very happy with Alamy

Archived