3 hours ago, Reimar said:

No John.  I don't remember details, but it's not that hard.

Oops, I was looking in PayPal.  It went right into my bank by wire on Oct 3.  Down to 80% of last year.  But hey - I got a big $2.24 from alamy for TV.

Glad to hear that you got your payment. Mine was down by over 30% but still a helpful amount.

Here's what A© says about affiliation requirements:

At least THREE samples are required if:

Your work is an image, poem, article, short story, chapter, or any other type of excerpt, published in newspapers, magazines, journals, books with ISBNs, books without ISBNs or self-published books. Please mail or email THREE work samples (per rights holder type, i.e. writer and visual artist) to Access Copyright. Work samples cannot appear in the same publication unless they have been published in three separate issues. One of your work samples must be from a publication with an ISBN or an ISSN in order to be eligible to register with Access Copyright as a creator affiliate.

For each sample, please provide photocopies or scans of the following from the published edition of the work:

1. The cover of the work (e.g., cover of the magazine, newspaper, journal or book that your work appears in
  2. The copyright page of the book or masthead of the serial publication
  3. For Writers – the first page your work appears on in the publication
  4. For Visual Artists - one page of your visual work as it appears in the publication with a credit to you as the visual artist.

I don't think I did much more than take screen grabs of the few ISBNs I could find using google.

If you're not sure, ask them.  They are helpful.

17 minutes ago, Reimar said:

I don't think I did much more than take screen grabs of the few ISBNs I could find using google.

If you're not sure, ask them.  They are helpful.

I'm lousy at finding ISBN's, etc. but I'll look into this again.

Merci beaucoup

Just received notification of my DACs payment through Alamy, up significantly on last year. One happy bunny.

If Alamy is taking a 50% cut, it doesn't appear in the figures.

1 hour ago, Bryan said:

If Alamy is taking a 50% cut, it doesn't appear in the figures.

Unless things have changed, I understand Alamy take 50% of the  DACS figure, and in addition, an administrative charge for the work involved.

27 minutes ago, Phil Preston said:

Unless things have changed, I understand Alamy take 50% of the  DACS figure, and in addition, an administrative charge for the work involved.

You may well be correct, but last year I inadvertently claimed independently and through Alamy (not being aware that Alamy was making the claim on my behalf) and I received more from Alamy.  (To be clear I did refund DACs!).  Of course this may be due to the fact that I was unable to identify all of the opportunities for payment, but I did sent DACs a copy of all of my Alamy sales over the relevant period. I concluded, that, in my situation, I was better off using the Alamy route.

13 minutes ago, Bryan said:

I concluded, that, in my situation, I was better off using the Alamy route.

I also use Alamy to make my claim, would consider going direct though if my payments from DACS were considerably higher.

9 hours ago, Bryan said:

You may well be correct, but last year I inadvertently claimed independently and through Alamy (not being aware that Alamy was making the claim on my behalf) and I received more from Alamy.  (To be clear I did refund DACs!).  Of course this may be due to the fact that I was unable to identify all of the opportunities for payment, but I did sent DACs a copy of all of my Alamy sales over the relevant period. I concluded, that, in my situation, I was better off using the Alamy route.

Interesting to hear that. By "opportunities for payment" do you mean missing ISBN"s and ISSN's?

1 hour ago, John Mitchell said:

Interesting to hear that. By "opportunities for payment" do you mean missing ISBN"s and ISSN's?

I guess so John, but my independent applications were just based upon the spreadsheet of my sales, edited to remove non relevant material. Perhaps I could have tried harder, but detailed info is hard to come by.

1 hour ago, Bryan said:

I guess so John, but my independent applications were just based upon the spreadsheet of my sales, edited to remove non relevant material. Perhaps I could have tried harder, but detailed info is hard to come by.

Yes, I too have had little luck finding ISBN's, etc. It would be helpful to know exactly how much Alamy does withhold for their services. I thought it was 50%.

5 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

Yes, I too have had little luck finding ISBN's, etc. It would be helpful to know exactly how much Alamy does withhold for their services. I thought it was 50%.

It is 50% plus expenses but when i asked they would not tell me how much the expenses were. Are Alamy actively trying to claim on the 10% pot?

Regen

13 hours ago, regen said:

It is 50% plus expenses but when i asked they would not tell me how much the expenses were. Are Alamy actively trying to claim on the 10% pot?

Regen

Don't know, but I would think they are. I'll probably just keep claiming on my own, except for TV uses.

Edited by John Mitchell

I haven't seen a DACs payment yet in my Alamy account. Last year it didn't come in until December but I'm wondering if there is a mistake since so many of you have received yours. Are there other USA people who are having Alamy do your DACS and have not (or have) received payment?

Paulette