I have claimed direct from DACS for the last couple of years - I received an e-mail today to say I will receive payment in the next 5 days

I would advise everyone to claim direct - its very easy

Kumar (the Doc one)

• Upvote 1

It seems to me that not everybody understands the changes that have happened with DACS.

Perhaps we will be rudely awakened in the coming week or so.

44 minutes ago, Doc said:

I have claimed direct from DACS for the last couple of years - I received an e-mail today to say I will receive payment in the next 5 days

I would advise everyone to claim direct - its very easy

Kumar (the Doc one)

I've been claiming directly as well. Sounds as if we may be in for some surprises this year, though. It will be interesting to see what comes down the pipe.

1 hour ago, geogphotos said:

It seems to me that not everybody understands the changes that have happened with DACS.

Perhaps we will be rudely awakened in the coming week or so.

Yes.... preparing for the worst :-(

It does seem that agencies think it's theirs to claim and those dam pesky image creators keep trying to take it from them! They'll not be happy until they take it all in exchange for a credit and a pat on the back ;-)

Edited by Duncan_Andison
typo
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Mine is in my account as well - about £30 less than last year, but still welcome!

Down 15% :(

Another chip, chip, chip. How DACS can proclaim the CLA arbitration a success beats me.

Edited by spacecadet

My payment has arrived too from my direct Claim.

16.5% less than last year.

A little disappointed given the extra effort to locate and enter ISBN for the extra "Distinct Royalty Pot" claim I also submitted.

I'll be interested to see what the breakdown is when the paperwork comes through.

I'm hoping next year will be better as I will have reached the next claim band.

Mark

"Overall, individual royalty payments for work published in UK books and magazines range from £25 to £550, with the median payment £150. While the highest payment for work published in books and magazines and broadcast on TV was £5400.

For the first time in 2017, claimants also had the opportunity to submit all of their publication history data to be eligible to claim from a distinct royalty pot, worth 10% of the overall share of royalties for all visual artists. As a result, over 12,000 claimants will see their royalties ‘topped up’ after their publication history data was matched with the CLA’s photocopying data."

1) broadcast on TV - problem is we don't get this information so can't claim our share

2) over 12,000 claimants will see their royalties ‘topped up’ - again Alamy contributors don't get access to this information. Only around one third of claims was able to access this money i.e.) two thirds were unable to

Received the payment today.  Approx £20 less than last year.

Also a bit disappointed as I, too, provided ISBNs for the extra.

Edit) My payments increased year by year for the last 4 years but this year slightly down even with the extra

Sung

Edited by SFL

Down 15% :(

Another chip, chip, chip. How DACS can proclaim the CLA arbitration a success beats me.

Success i guess measured against the worst possible outcome of arbitration i.e. they got no pot at all and it all went to the likes of picsel!

Regen

I also claim on my own behalf. Received payment today which is up on last year.:)

Allan

Appologies for misleading everyone my payout is actually 5% DOWN on last year.:(  I was looking at 2015 when I made above statement.

ITMA

Edited by Allan Bell

so those of you seeing a fall in payments, did you do the extra work to list *all* your qualifying ISBNs and ISSN's?

My payout was up 15+%

km

3 minutes ago, vpics said:

Mine hasn't arrived yet. :-(

Same here. I'm still down 100%.

1 hour ago, RedSnapper said:

so those of you seeing a fall in payments, did you do the extra work to list *all* your qualifying ISBNs and ISSN's?

My payout was up 15+%

km

Yes, but I could only identify ISBN/ISSN numbers for 35% of my DACs eligible publications.

Mark

2 hours ago, RedSnapper said:

My payout was up 15+%

km

How is that possible if Alamy don't provide the information?

How can you do the extra work if you have no idea of the title of the book or magazine? 

Edited by geogphotos
  • Upvote 1

google.....

and Alamy isnt my only way of selling images

I may not have got them all , but certainly  enough  (and my direct TV licences) to satisfy the requirements to get a share of the additiona 10% pot...

km

Edited by RedSnapper

3 hours ago, RedSnapper said:

My payout was up 15+%

km

Down ~20%.

No: personal circumstances at the time meant that it wasn't possible for me to do so. And, as has already been suggested, it's very difficult for many of us - especially those of us with a low volume of sales here - to provide sufficient information to satisfy the requirements, in any case. Google, Tin Eye, etc. can only get you so far. 

Edited by losdemas
Just seen your last post