My payment has arrived too from my direct Claim.

16.5% less than last year.

A little disappointed given the extra effort to locate and enter ISBN for the extra "Distinct Royalty Pot" claim I also submitted.

I'll be interested to see what the breakdown is when the paperwork comes through.

I'm hoping next year will be better as I will have reached the next claim band.

Mark

Received the payment today.  Approx £20 less than last year.

Also a bit disappointed as I, too, provided ISBNs for the extra.

Edit) My payments increased year by year for the last 4 years but this year slightly down even with the extra

Sung

Down 15% :(

Another chip, chip, chip. How DACS can proclaim the CLA arbitration a success beats me.

Success i guess measured against the worst possible outcome of arbitration i.e. they got no pot at all and it all went to the likes of picsel!

Regen

I also claim on my own behalf. Received payment today which is up on last year.:)

Allan

Appologies for misleading everyone my payout is actually 5% DOWN on last year.:(  I was looking at 2015 when I made above statement.

ITMA

1 hour ago, RedSnapper said:

so those of you seeing a fall in payments, did you do the extra work to list *all* your qualifying ISBNs and ISSN's?

My payout was up 15+%

km

Yes, but I could only identify ISBN/ISSN numbers for 35% of my DACs eligible publications.

Mark

3 hours ago, RedSnapper said:

so those of you seeing a fall in payments, did you do the extra work to list *all* your qualifying ISBNs and ISSN's?

My payout was up 15+%

km

Down ~20%.

No: personal circumstances at the time meant that it wasn't possible for me to do so. And, as has already been suggested, it's very difficult for many of us - especially those of us with a low volume of sales here - to provide sufficient information to satisfy the requirements, in any case. Google, Tin Eye, etc. can only get you so far. 

52 minutes ago, RedSnapper said:

(and my direct TV licences)

TV licences are only eligible for one year and are worth considerably more than book or mag licences- thats how DACS can claim that one individual got £4500? from them. 

What will be interesting will be how much all that extra work on getting the ISBN/ISSN is really worth. With a claim based on max books and mags and more than 501/1301 recorded in each but no TV licences I may have an idea when I get my statement.

Regen

1 hour ago, geogphotos said:

Yes I can see that direct sales are easy but finding ones through Alamy is far from easy. And as we know they can't or won't provide the information.

Using Google I have tracked down about 120 book uses and a handful of magazines. I had only about 70 when I made my claim.

And this year 0 for TV claims, one year not long ago Alamy provided me with my TV uses. The next year I asked I was told that the information wasn't available and it hasn't been since. Unfortunately Alamy will not permit a separate TV claim on a 50% basis, it is either all or nothing. 

Edited 1 hour ago by geogphotos

Agree entirely Ian. This is why the latest move favours the agencies over the individual.  However every agency seems to apply different rules,usually based upon the small print in the contract. Some actually specify that they are entitled to a percentage of secondary rights. I now have three other agencies which are claiming secondary rights payments either thro DACS or PICsel for licences sold on my behalf. Fortunately I do not need any of the agency licences for a full claim under the old system. However when the 10/40% starts to bite (assuming that it is significant) or eventually becomes the only system then access to the agency licences may be in my favour. At the moment i do not allow Alamy to make a claim on my behalf but may well let them next year.

The DACs system still gives a disproportionate amount of the pot to those in the lower bands and I wonder if the new system will help to redress this balance but i have yet to find out if there is a ceiling on the new system. i.e. will all my ISSN qualifying licences be eligible or will the existing maximums still apply. Will all the distribution companies sing from the same hymn sheet or will they decide individually on how to slice their share of the pie?

Interesting times ahead

Regen

16 hours ago, RedSnapper said:

My payout was up 15+%

km

Mine was down 40% - and yes, I did a lot of extra work listing all the details I could find.

25 minutes ago, John Walker said:

Out of interest, what search parameter is best in Google for this purpose?  ie. Alamy book contributor name etc...

John

I try several
My pseudo + Alamy -alamy.com (to ignore all the results from Alamy itself)

A similar image search will bring up some other results, as will a special search under 'books' (on Google Chrome, at least)

I find using '-xxx' useful for shutting out results from other distributors and my own website too

37 minutes ago, John Walker said:

Out of interest, what search parameter is best in Google for this purpose?  ie. Alamy book contributor name etc...

John

I use this Google search string

MyPseudonym Alamy -www.alamy -de.alamy.com -Frames

The -terms remove most (but not all) of the irrelevant stuff.

NB. When I originally chose my Pseudonym I made up a word that gave no hits on Google, which helps!

Mark

Unfortunately Alamy will not permit a separate TV claim on a 50% basis, it is either all or nothing.

Yes they do, I submit my own claim and Alamy claims for my TV licenses on a 50% basis, I emailed them only a few weeks ago to check they had claimed for TV on my behalf and they confirmed it to me.

The payment for my own claim came through yesterday (£258), very happy with that given no ISBNs were submitted.

Thanks for all the tips on searching for ISBNs, I will give this a go over the coming weeks.

Marc 

Archived