Filters for "Not Exclusive Alamy" and "Not Restricted Images"

Stephen Barnes

The new image manager allows you to filter for images which are "Exclusive Alamy" and "Restricted Images", but doesn't have the corresponding "Non-exclusive Alamy" and "Non-restricted Images".  

Surely it just makes sense that you can do this?  (I have a real need for it to ensure images I have elsewhere are represented properly on Alamy, and without these filters I can't do this!)

12 minutes ago, geogphotos said:

'Exclusive Alamy' only shows those images that have had the box ticked. It is not a complete, exhaustive listing. 

Same thing for images with restrictions. Adding a restriction is a purposeful step taken by the contributor or Alamy, just because that box has not been ticked does not necessarily mean that the image is truly without potential restrictions. You could only offer filters for 'Non-exclusive' and 'No restrictions' if every single image had been determined. 

So all we have in effect is:

'Exclusive Alamy' and 'Exclusive status not determined'

'Image with Restrictions' and 'Restriction status not identified'.

Original poster is referring to be able to filter for that within AIM (attributes dropdown menu) - "The new image manager...I have a real need for it to ensure images I have elsewhere are represented properly on Alamy" i.e. he want's to make sure that he's got his tickboxes correct.

13 minutes ago, geogphotos said:

Might it be useful to be able to add/remove Flags to images to make this sort of process easier. I use that a lot to manage my archive on Photoshelter.

Choose all Exclusive, Flag exclusives, Choose all Images, do your stuff, remove all Flags

Whatever speed things up or making it easier I'm all for.

Personally, what I need/would like the most is to be able to sort by my filenames (like we used to), which are chronologically based (YYYYMMDD-HHMMSS). I don't care at all in which ever batch it was uploaded in, or when. Just simple chronological order, just like my LR catalogue or Photoshelter archive. Please Alamy, it is a pretty basic request (I'd think anyway).

Secondly I dream about a LR plugin, just like the Photoshelter one - for uploading, but mainly so that one could tinker with keywords/captions - sync and be done.

Almost forgot, a "delete all" keywords button - then I can just chuck in the whatever I amended in LR and save me soooo much time compared to now when I find myself having to manually remove every single keyword (quicker than to check overlap) and then paste.

On 31/08/2017 at 10:05, Martin Carlsson said:

Secondly I dream about a LR plugin, just like the Photoshelter one - for uploading, but mainly so that one could tinker with keywords/captions - sync and be done.

Check out the LR Alamy Bridge plugin.  It's got two main functions: "Fetch Alamy Data" which matches your local images with those on Alamy by filename then pulls down the Alamy Metadata.  You can update your Alamy data within LR, update Pseuds, keywords etc. Then there is "Set Alamy Data" which allows you to sync your changes back up to Alamy.

It's a little temperamental at times, and takes some learning to get the best out of all features (I've only recently felt confident about using the Set Alamy Data feature after about a year of using it!), but the biggest advantage it gives me is the ability to search by Alamy Reference within LR, plus you get to see the number of sales and revenue for each image.  You can filter on any of the Alamy data (pseudonym, sales status etc).

I've also set up lots of Smart Collections to validate my Alamy metadata (e.g. find images with people, no releases which are RF) or images which are marked Alamy Exclusive, which I have available elsewhere.

Probably the most useful LR Plugin I've ever used.

Available here https://www.lightroom-plugins.com/AlamyIndex.php should you want to check it out.

2 minutes ago, Stephen Barnes said:

Check out the LR Alamy Bridge plugin.  It's got two main functions: "Fetch Alamy Data" which matches your local images with those on Alamy by filename then pulls down the Alamy Metadata.  You can update your Alamy data within LR, update Pseuds, keywords etc. Then there is "Set Alamy Data" which allows you to sync your changes back up to Alamy.

It's a little temperamental at times, and takes some learning to get the best out of all features (I've only recently felt confident about using the Set Alamy Data feature after about a year of using it!), but the biggest advantage it gives me is the ability to search by Alamy Reference within LR, plus you get to see the number of sales and revenue for each image.  You can filter on any of the Alamy data (pseudonym, sales status etc).

I've also set up lots of Smart Collections to validate my Alamy metadata (e.g. find images with people, no releases which are RF) or images which are marked Alamy Exclusive, which I have available elsewhere.

Probably the most useful LR Plugin I've ever used.

Available here https://www.lightroom-plugins.com/AlamyIndex.php should you want to check it out.

Thanks! But I've had it, used it and we decided to go our separate ways - the temperamental part you're mentioning drove me bonkers in the end. Glad if it works ok for you though.

Archived