Luke Parr

Hello from Colorado

Hello!  I'm from Colorado and just got approved to contribute.  I actually joined way back in 2011 and my initial submission failed QC.  I didn't really try again, but tried microstock at other sites for a little while and never really got into that style of shooting.  More recently I have been wanting to get a little more serious and finally decided to resubmit and give Alamy a little more attention.  I just had a couple images accepted and need to start shooting and uploading a little more seriously now.

Welcome Luke, from over here in the UK.

Your image quality looks good and tags seem ok (I haven't look in too much detail). A few pointers if that's ok....

If you have images on Microstock and want to put them here (which I would recommend), remove them from Microstock at the same time.

Don't worry if you don't see sales for a long time, and you won't see daily sales until you have many thousands of images. Once an image is used, it can take a long time to show up as a sale - Anything from the same day (very rarely) up to over a year in the worst cases, but usually you'll see the sale come through within a couple of months. Most newbies expect to see results straight away and are disappointed when it doesn't happen. It is frustrating, but if you put effort into it and build up a nice selection of a few thousand images, all high quality and accurately tagged, you'll start to see several sales per month. You do need a lot of patience at first though.

Good luck,

Geoff.

Thanks for the advice!  I didn't upload a lot of microstock and it was mostly white background type shots.  I doubt I will bother transferring that over here.  It will definitely take me a long time to get to thousands of images, but I will try to upload as much as I can.  The patience part I can do, I have dabbled in micro for years and never really made anything, so what's a little more waiting...

I have been uploading images here since November and still waiting for my first sale, but then I am still a long way from thousands of images.

Hi Luke, I'm exactly the same as you. Since I started uploading to Alamy (3 weeks ago...) , I tell to myself I'm stupid to have waited all this time ... I will do my best to propose exclusive images here with a portfolio of decent size. Welcome !

Serge

20 hours ago, Southmind said:

Hi Luke, I'm exactly the same as you. Since I started uploading to Alamy (3 weeks ago...) , I tell to myself I'm stupid to have waited all this time ... I will do my best to propose exclusive images here with a portfolio of decent size. Welcome !

Serge

Good luck to you!