Processing and QC delay

Hey, this is like the good old days when we sat for 28 days waiting to get our QC results. The "24-hour" glitch in the system (which Alamy acknowledged) delayed my August 1 submissions until August 12. Four more submissions from August 13 and 14 are waiting in line behind Niels' and Kathy's, and Alamy shuts down for the weekend in less than two hours... Oh well, maybe Monday?

Dave

I am new to Alamy. I passed my first 4 images on Monday. I uploaded 12 more on tuesday and it went to Awaiting QC. It stayed like that until this afternoon (friday). I was convinced I was going to fail QC on something stupid, as this was only my 2nd submission. Thankfully I passed, they must have just been busy with a backlog :-)

Steve

Hey, this is like the good old days when we sat for 28 days waiting to get our QC results. The "24-hour" glitch in the system (which Alamy acknowledged) delayed my August 1 submissions until August 12. Four more submissions from August 13 and 14 are waiting in line behind Niels' and Kathy's, and Alamy shuts down for the weekend in less than two hours... Oh well, maybe Monday?

Dave

No, you have a chance early Saturday morning Danish time (you are 9 hours behind or something on your old steam clock). Very often my batches have been QCed during Friday night (Danish time), don't ask me why - and with a bit of luck your images will be on sale Sunday - as weekend server updates have been frequent, too.

Just looked...all submissions from August 13 and 14 passed QC with 1/2 hour to spare before the weekend. For some reason, everything seems to take longer from my location in Vancouver. A fellow contributor from a suburb of our city gets faster service. I don't believe I have received QC notification on a Saturday, although a few sales have shown up  :) !

Thanks, Alamy. I can now get down to key wording.

Dave

I've been waiting a week, unusual for me. Could this be my very first QC failure? It could happen.

I suggest we begin each day by singing the opening number from Rogers and Hammerstein's Oklahoma: "Oh what a beautiful morning; oh what a beautiful day; I've got a beautiful feeling; everything's going my way."   :)

I've been waiting a week, unusual for me. Could this be my very first QC failure? It could happen.

I suggest we begin each day by singing the opening number from Rogers and Hammerstein's Oklahoma: "Oh what a beautiful morning; oh what a beautiful day; I've got a beautiful feeling; everything's going my way."   :)

I wondered why you had a picture of Howard Keel as your profile pic :)

Oh yeah!

Strong resemblance there!

Apparently I bear an uncanny resemblance to Jack Nicholson, hence no profile picture  B)

Oh yeah!

Strong resemblance there!

Apparently I bear an uncanny resemblance to Jack Nicholson, hence no profile picture  B)

Howard Keel? I once came in third in a Hemingway-look-alike contest. I should have won but I scored low on the prose part of the contest. 

I'm now going into a third week of Awaiting QC since my uploading of Aug 11. I'm assuming that I have an image or two that have failed QC . . . but I don't know. What happens next? I'm not sure about the step-by-step here since I've never had a QC failure. Well, until now. :(  At some point is Alamy going to contact me with the bad news? 

Edo, in some confusion in Lower Manhattan

Thanks, Mark. You may recall when I emailed MS about the NEX-6, and the unhelpful answer I got. I'm not inclined to contact them and ask them to be helpful about this. 

MS have never been anything but helpful to me.

Sorry, I don't really follow equipment threads. I'm stuck with what I have until it packs up or I drop it in the Channel.

I'm now going into a third week of Awaiting QC since my uploading of Aug 11. I'm assuming that I have an image or two that have failed QC . . . but I don't know. What happens next? I'm not sure about the step-by-step here since I've never had a QC failure. Well, until now. :( At some point is Alamy going to contact me with the bad news?

Edo, in some confusion in Lower Manhattan

My last rejection has been 4 years ago, before the "extended delay" policy has been put in place. Back then you got an email that your submission has failed, online you could find out which was the rejected image, remove it from you batch and reload the whole batch. If you have more than one batch in the queue, all of them will get rejected. I suppose the procedure is the same today.

Hope this helps.

Sorry, I can't remember either. You have to wait until it comes through, I think.

Considering your record MS might look into it.

Yes, you will get the email they (sometimes) send or when you check in Track Submissions it will say failed. I can't remember exactly how it goes but I think you click on the failed notice and it tells you which image failed and why. Been a long time for me (fingers crossed). A bunch of us seem to be answering at the same time -- all saying basically the same thing. You will eventually know why the image failed if an image failed.

Paulette

Thanks, Vlad (the Impaler?). None of that has happened. I'm just waiting (or Awaiting QC). I must say I'm not upset at all with Alamy QC, and I'm okay with waiting for their next move. :)

Sorry to disappoint you, I'm not the Impaler, my grand, grand, grand daddy is the one you are looking for :-)

Are there still a lot of people with their uploads going straight to 24 hours.   As I noticed that my first 94 submissions went straight to 23 hours with the exception of one upload..but my last 4 have all gone to 24 hours and seem to take a long time , to to go through QC,  with one upload going to 23 hours then 24 hrs then back to 23 hours it then passed QC then it went back to 24 hours even though the images had passed QC  were online for sale ( work that one out ) I am guessing that there must still be a problem going on..it sure makes it hard work...

Thanks, Vlad (the Impaler?). None of that has happened. I'm just waiting (or Awaiting QC). I must say I'm not upset at all with Alamy QC, and I'm okay with waiting for their next move.  :)

Ed, my fears were unfounded. My "adventurous" submission just cleared QC. It just took a little longer than usual. God, am I getting paranoid, or what?

Good luck with yours.

Archived