Southmind

Hello from France

I have another question ... 

When uploading I see the upload route option : Reportage/archive . But this option is disabled for me .

I covered some sport events with ton of images (Ironman 2017, Tour de France a la voile 2017 and 2015, etc...) but I just can upload this stuff as Editorial photos.

Why is the option Reportage/Archive disabled ? 

There is the "live news" option but only for recent  event (< 24h) and it is not so easy to use is the event is longer than one day.

I think reportage/archive is more for historical images or photojournalistic images that may not meet the technical quality necessary for the stock or news collection. Things like war that is not breaking news etc. It is not breaking news or stock.

You have to sign up separately for reportage/archive so that is why it is presently disabled for you.

Contact member services here and they can give you more guidance.

contributors@alamy.com

Some Alamy photographers take along a laptop computer and process and upload news photos almost immediately so they can meet the time deadline. You have to be first online to make sales. Upload even while the event is still on. These news photos, after 48 hours, will then go into the general stock collection. I think either shooting stock, or news that will later become stock, is the better option for you over reportage/archive.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Bill Brooks said:

I think reportage/archive is more for historical images or photojournalistic images that may not meet the technical quality necessary for the stock or news collection. Things like war that is not breaking news etc. It is not breaking news or stock.

You have to sign up separately for reportage/archive so that is why it is presently disabled for you.

Contact member services here and they can give you more guidance.

contributors@alamy.com

Some Alamy photographers take along a laptop computer and process and upload news photos almost immediately so they can meet the time deadline. You have to be first online to make sales. Upload even while the event is still on. These news photos, after 48 hours, will then go into the general stock collection. I think either shooting stock, or news that will later become stock, is the better option for you over reportage/archive.

Thanks Bill, I understand. I am generally slow to produce my photos and more, send 90% direct to trash, but after 5 or 10 coffees I am sure I can process and upload my images in time.:) Thanks again for the explanation.