Sign in to follow this  
Pamela Walsh

Hi from Wisconsin

Hello,

Just signed up today. Not only am I new to Alamy, I am pretty new to stock photography as well. Not sure what to expect, but enjoying the process. Photography has been an off and on hobby since I was about 8 years old with a cheap 110 film camera that I annoyed EVERYBODY in my family with ;). The more I learn, the more I realize how much there is to learn, and I am looking forward to it.

Make it a great day!

Welcome to the Alamy family Pamela, may I suggest you read lots of threads to assist you in the learning process and I look forward to viewing your work.

Kind regards,

Davey

Welcome to the forums.

Allan

Hi Pamela. Welcome to Alamy. Good luck with your initial submission! :)

Hai 

Thanks :) 'should' be able to see my initial 3 images. My dashboard says they are not on sale (right hand side), but they passed, and are "on sale with poor discoverability" Guess I'll have to work on that.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Pamela Walsh said:

Thanks :) 'should' be able to see my initial 3 images. My dashboard says they are not on sale (right hand side), but they passed, and are "on sale with poor discoverability" Guess I'll have to work on that.

Once they show as "on sale", they won't actually be searchable in the database until it's been updated. 99% of the time that happens daily, sometime in the morning UK time (it does vary).

As for discoverability - Don't worry about that. It's simply a measure of how many tags you have and how many other fields you have completed. For all your images, just complete all the fields in the "options" section, write an accurate caption, and think of as many RELEVANT tags as you can. Don't add irrelevant ones as it will count against you (read up on CTR for more info on that). Having poor or green discoverability doesn't actually make your images appear higher in search results. It's the information you provide that dictate where they are found.

Geoff.

Edited by GS-Images
Added more detail

Hi Pamela and welcome to Alamy!

Good luck with your images and tagging, there's lots of great advice on here so like me try and absorb it all and you should be on the path to fun and success (hopefully) anyway

Hi Pamela, 

welcome to the forum and Alamy. I wish you success with your first submission.

10 hours ago, Matt Limb said:

Where in Wisconsin?

East central... North of Port Washington south of Green Bay :P

8 hours ago, Pamela Walsh said:

Yay, my first 3 are up :)

Congrats on passing your initial submission! Now the real fun begins...

I had a look at your images. They are very nice images with very good composition and lighting. Just a comment that I've read from many others more experienced and I try my best to do is to include the scientific name. This is to help buyers looking specifically for flora and fauna.

Hai

1 hour ago, Hai Nguyen said:

Congrats on passing your initial submission! Now the real fun begins...

I had a look at your images. They are very nice images with very good composition and lighting. Just a comment that I've read from many others more experienced and I try my best to do is to include the scientific name. This is to help buyers looking specifically for flora and fauna.

Hai

Was still looking them up having recently been told that elsewhere. :) Thank you.