arterra    3,756
4 minutes ago, Baarney said:

What causes an image to be labeled as "poor discoverability"?

The more tags, the more fields you fill in, the better your discoverability. But in fact, hardly anybody cares about their discoverability. I wouldn't loose my sleep over it ;)

Cheers,

Philippe

GS-Images    1,182

There are countless forum posts on this subject if you do a search.

In a nut shell, an image becomes more "discoverable" when it has a higher number of tags, and all the optional fields are completed.

It does not SEEM to make any difference at all though to how well images are found. It's simply a measure of the number of tags and other fields. That information comes direct from Alamy by the way. So it doesn't make any sense to me or anyone else (that I recall) why they have that "feature". I suppose it encourages people to think about as many tags as possible they could add, which is fine, but you shouldn't add irrelevant tags just to get into the green, as it will not help you or anyone else's images be found.

Geoff.

[Edit] As usual, Speedygonsarless Philippe beat me to it.  ;)

Edited by GS-Images

Allan Bell    985
On 09/08/2017 at 16:35, GS-Images said:

There are countless forum posts on this subject if you do a search.

In a nut shell, an image becomes more "discoverable" when it has a higher number of tags, and all the optional fields are completed.

It does not SEEM to make any difference at all though to how well images are found. It's simply a measure of the number of tags and other fields. That information comes direct from Alamy by the way. So it doesn't make any sense to me or anyone else (that I recall) why they have that "feature". I suppose it encourages people to think about as many tags as possible they could add, which is fine, but you shouldn't add irrelevant tags just to get into the green, as it will not help you or anyone else's images be found.

Geoff.

[Edit] As usual, Speedygonsarless Philippe beat me to it.  ;)

Geoff have you checked your mail inbox lately?;)

Allan

GS-Images    1,182
10 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

Geoff have you checked your mail inbox lately?;)

Allan

Stupid spam filter! Grrr. I'm so sorry. I'll be sending a response in a few minutes.   :)

Geoff.