Hello from Madrid

MIguel Angel

Hello to all. I am new in Alamy, have just started to submit my photos and I would like to present myself . My work is mainly travel photography and any comment about my portfolio will be welcome.

I also would like to take advantage of this first message to ask you a question.

I have been reading carefully submission conditions and also topics in this fórum, but it is still not clear for me in which conditions some properties can be uploaded or not.

One example: I have a collection of photographs of the Alhambra of Granada (one of my favorite monuments). All of them were taken during visits to the site, where you must pay an entrance, although it is not a private property. In this case it is, concretely, a world heritage monument and the cost of the entrance is for maintenance, etc,. I also consulted its web page searching for any photography conditions, but I could not find anything.

My question is: In these cases is it posible to upload these photos? and if so, how should them be tagged, only as editorial use or normal one?

I would be very grateful if you could clarify this for me, as I do not want to do anything illegal.

Thanks a lot in advance and hope to be in contact for a long time

Miguel Angel

Hi Miguel,

Welcome to Alamy! Your portfolio is very nice. The colours and contrast appear to be accurate according to my monitor. I've only joined recently as well.

I don't think I know enough to answer your question. I would've thought editorial but maybe the more experienced members can contribute to this?

Hai Nguyen

On 09/08/2017 at 11:39, MIguel Angel said:

Hello to all. I am new in Alamy, have just started to submit my photos and I would like to present myself . My work is mainly travel photography and any comment about my portfolio will be welcome.

I also would like to take advantage of this first message to ask you a question.

I have been reading carefully submission conditions and also topics in this fórum, but it is still not clear for me in which conditions some properties can be uploaded or not.

One example: I have a collection of photographs of the Alhambra of Granada (one of my favorite monuments). All of them were taken during visits to the site, where you must pay an entrance, although it is not a private property. In this case it is, concretely, a world heritage monument and the cost of the entrance is for maintenance, etc,. I also consulted its web page searching for any photography conditions, but I could not find anything.

My question is: In these cases is it posible to upload these photos? and if so, how should them be tagged, only as editorial use or normal one?

I would be very grateful if you could clarify this for me, as I do not want to do anything illegal.

Thanks a lot in advance and hope to be in contact for a long time

Miguel Angel

In your case I would upload them as RM and mark them as not having releases.

Allan

Archived