Betty LaRue    1,054

Is this new or have I been blind? 

I don't remember seeing that under our avatars before.

Betty

arterra    3,760
4 minutes ago, Betty LaRue said:

Betty

I think it was there ........... or at least it was visible when you clicked on someone's avatar.

Cheers,

Philippe

GS-Images    1,211

Hmmmm....Something does look different, so it could be that. I know it's said it on our profiles since I remember, but maybe not under each post like it does now. I'm not sure, but it looks different anyway.  :)

Mr Moo.

Betty LaRue    1,054

Yes, I believe we had to click on the avatar before, which I have done only a couple of times in ten years.

GS-Images    1,211

Thanks Betty. Next I think they should put information about our hobbies, how many cows we own, what colour our underpants are, and other normal things like that. Don't you agree?

Geoff.

MDM    617
2 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

Betty

I'm voting for blind. It's been there fully visible for the last several weeks at least (probably the last few months since they sorted out the new forum).

Also you no longer need to sign in and out to see the number of images update - it's automatic now - not sure since when.

Edited by MDM

21 minutes ago, MDM said:

I'm voting for blind. It's been there for fully visible for the last several weeks at least (probably the last few months since they sorted out the new forum).

Also you no longer need to sign in and out to see the number of images update - it's automatic now - not sure since when.

At long last!

MDM    617
5 minutes ago, LawrensonPhoto said:

At long last!

Actually come to think of it, it might be just that I have to sign in every time now once I close the browser rather than actively sign out as before - same result I guess.

Stokie    321

They have removed the signature line at the bottom of our posts. Don't know when that happened.

John.

• Upvote 1

GS-Images    1,211
1 minute ago, Stokie said:

They have removed the signature line at the bottom of our posts. Don't know when that happened.

John.

A few weeks now, at a guess. It's probably so that we can't post links to other websites, as that came up recently.

Geoff.

Stokie    321
1 minute ago, GS-Images said:

A few weeks now, at a guess. It's probably so that we can't post links to other websites, as that came up recently.

Geoff.

Geoff,

I would think they were removed at the same time as they stopped PMs as you say.

John.

GS-Images    1,211
9 minutes ago, Stokie said:

Geoff,

I would think they were removed at the same time as they stopped PMs as you say.

John.

Yep could well be John. My brain cannot tell the difference between a week and a month any more. It's all just mush.  :D

Geoff.

Betty LaRue    1,054
1 hour ago, GS-Images said:

Thanks Betty. Next I think they should put information about our hobbies, how many cows we own, what colour our underpants are, and other normal things like that. Don't you agree?

Geoff.

I'm not telling them. :D

Ed Rooney    1,302
1 hour ago, GS-Images said:

Geoff.

I think you might be overestimating the average person's interest in cows, Geoff. Or maybe it's just that I'm lactose intolerant. I have seen cows, even feed one a banana once. Oh, wait -- that was a monkey. 

• Upvote 1

arterra    3,760
5 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

I think you might be overestimating the average person's interest in cows, Geoff. Or maybe it's just that I'm lactose intolerant. I have seen cows, even feed one a banana once. Oh, wait -- that was a monkey. 

Ed, you have to go to the countryside to see cows, NOT the zoo.

Ah, those city folks :rolleyes: Probably think eggs grow on trees and chocolate milk comes from brown cows :wacko:

Cheers,

Philippe :P 

Edited by arterra

John Mitchell    1,902
2 hours ago, GS-Images said:

Geoff.

Your cows wear underpants???

(not a bad idea, actually) :D

GS-Images    1,211
13 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

You fed a monkey to a cow?  :o:o:o

GS-Images    1,211
Just now, John Mitchell said:

Only in winter, or when they're out at a fancy-dress party with the local bulls.

Geoff.

arterra    3,760
16 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

What's so funny about animals wearing pants? :huh:

Man dragging two stubborn Baudet de Poitou donkeys wearing trousers at Ile de Ré / Isle of Rhé, Charente-Maritime, Stock Photo

Cheers,

Philippe

spacecadet    1,399
21 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

In Europe the horse-drawn carriages have a plastic sheet rigged to intercept the, er, residue.

John Mitchell    1,902
54 minutes ago, Bill Kuta said:

Hey John, you beat me to Alamy by over a year.

OK, who's earlier?

Actually, my join date is misleading. I joined in 2003 but didn't start submitting until 2007. I'm a slow-starter.

John Mitchell    1,902
32 minutes ago, Bill Kuta said:

My first submission was 08 Mar 2004.

You were obviously much quicker on the draw than I was.

According to the new AIM, my first "upload" was 03 June 2007. It was actually a CD with the initial 10 images that you had to submit back then.

My first sale was 24 Aug 2007, one of the original 10. Chances of that happening  today would be pretty slim.