Joined Alamy line?

2 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

Is this new or have I been blind? 

I don't remember seeing that under our avatars before.

Betty

I'm voting for blind. It's been there fully visible for the last several weeks at least (probably the last few months since they sorted out the new forum).

Also you no longer need to sign in and out to see the number of images update - it's automatic now - not sure since when.

5 minutes ago, LawrensonPhoto said:

At long last!

Actually come to think of it, it might be just that I have to sign in every time now once I close the browser rather than actively sign out as before - same result I guess.

1 minute ago, GS-Images said:

A few weeks now, at a guess. It's probably so that we can't post links to other websites, as that came up recently.

Geoff.

Geoff,

I would think they were removed at the same time as they stopped PMs as you say.

John.

1 hour ago, GS-Images said:

Thanks Betty. Next I think they should put information about our hobbies, how many cows we own, what colour our underpants are, and other normal things like that. Don't you agree?

Geoff.

I'm not telling them. :D

1 hour ago, GS-Images said:

Thanks Betty. Next I think they should put information about our hobbies, how many cows we own, what colour our underpants are, and other normal things like that. Don't you agree?

Geoff.

I think you might be overestimating the average person's interest in cows, Geoff. Or maybe it's just that I'm lactose intolerant. I have seen cows, even feed one a banana once. Oh, wait -- that was a monkey. 

2 hours ago, GS-Images said:

Geoff.

Your cows wear underpants???

(not a bad idea, actually) :D

32 minutes ago, Bill Kuta said:

My first submission was 08 Mar 2004.

You were obviously much quicker on the draw than I was.

According to the new AIM, my first "upload" was 03 June 2007. It was actually a CD with the initial 10 images that you had to submit back then.

My first sale was 24 Aug 2007, one of the original 10. Chances of that happening  today would be pretty slim.

Took me until May of 2007 to upload by CD. It took forever in those days to mail CDs from U.S., wait for them to arrive, wait for them to be checked and finally informed of a pass.  The whole thing was rather off-putting and my portfolio only grew marginally until online uploads came into being.  I didn't have a backlog of 100s of images, but shot them, developed them, sent them off.

As a result, I didn't make a sale for 8 months, but it was $100.  I may have had 300-500 images in my port. Back then it wasn't unusual to get prices of $100-300.

Betty

6 hours ago, arterra said:

Ed, you have to go to the countryside to see cows, NOT the zoo.

Ah, those city folks :rolleyes: Probably think eggs grow on trees and chocolate milk comes from brown cows :wacko:

Cheers,

Philippe :P 

Well, I know where the zoo is. The countryside? You mean Brooklyn? There's nothing but hipsters in Brooklyn now. Cows couldn't afford the rents. 

Archived