Brasilnut

My experience with Alamy coming from a Microstock background but disappointed with earnings after 2 years

gvallee    918
23 hours ago, Brasilnut said:

In light of my recent inspiration which has led to keyword perspiration, I've dug through my archives to upload these series of images of a school sponsored by an NGO in a Rio favela.

Do you think they would be interesting for buyers, considering it's now too dangerous to go up that favela? I think the one with the little girl is quite powerful, especially due to what's written on her arm. I'm surprised I never uploaded these to begin with, perhaps didn't feel comfortable as its kids and didn't have the consent of the guardian but then again it's editorials. 

I have many more of Rio which sometimes seem like non-stories but depending on the way I caption and keyword could be interesting for buyers (like homeless people, street vendors.)

I've put them as RM but any merit as RF? (I think not but open to ideas)

Ok now tear me apart :) 

Espaco Crianca Esperanca is an NGO in Rio de Janeiro which helps to educate favela children, literally meaning "Hope Stock Photo

Swimming pool at Pavao Pavaozinho favela in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil Stock Photo

A girl (4-6) smiles with Ipanema, Rio de Janeiro background. A message written on a girl’s arm that translates to Stock PhotoA message written on a girl's arm that translates to "I miss you mom". Taken at a favela in Rio Stock Photo

Kids playing football in favela Stock PhotoA girl (4-6) smiles with Ipanema, Rio de Janeiro background. A message written on a girl’s arm that translates to - Stock Photo

I find they're powerful pictures, I can feel Rio's humidity. I agree that processing needs attention, pull back those highlights.

I haven't checked your captions but there's no reason why they shouldn't sell, they tell a story. Only my opinion. 

Good luck.

Gen

Brasilnut    6

True about the highlights but done purposely to give it a sort of "dreamy, heavenly" look...perhaps I took it too far.  

Wow you guys are great. Giving me renewed hope :)

1 hour ago, Brasilnut said:

True about the highlights but done purposely to give it a sort of "dreamy, heavenly" look

These types of images would be useful in a newspaper, they don't want dreamy they want the truth (or they used to) imo

Bill Brooks    676
On 8/11/2017 at 04:17, Brasilnut said:

True about the highlights but done purposely to give it a sort of "dreamy, heavenly" look...perhaps I took it too far.  

Wow you guys are great. Giving me renewed hope :)

I think the highlights give the image a humid look, so I would not pull them back. I might add some additional blue to the highlights only, not the mid tones or shadows, to give a more blue hazy humid look. Great images that really do not need adjustment, I am just being picky.

• Upvote 1

Foreign Export    139
9 hours ago, Brasilnut said:

Thanks for positive vibes...nice $64 RM today (below). Also been out shooting today with all the advice in mind. 

Chanel shop in St. Tropez, France Stock Photo

look im not a fan of anyone trying to promote books or other items on here, but well done for bearing the advice in mind - too many people come on this forum - ask for advice - then give two fingers to the advice they receive ( forgetting that someone has taken the time ( unpaid) to give that advice.)

keeping the advice in mind - or even better using it - will go a long way on this forum

i like the swimming pool shot - definately shows the heat and humidity - i wouldnt change it 

• Upvote 5

Brasilnut    6

Awesome advice above.

I re-worked this image below from my recent trip to Dubai...is it the sort that would do OK here (RM editorial)? Otherwise, I have another version where it's more of a silhouette and I can submit as commercial (RM) - would the commercial version have more value? Perhaps I'll just submit both. 

A boy and a camel in Jumeirah Beach Residence, Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE) - Stock Image

The following three are from the weekend. Would this be something that's quite interesting for buyers on here? Keeping in mind that the light was slightly harsh. 

A traditional 1930s tram in Milan, Italy taken at Bohemian Navigli district - Stock Image

Mother and daughter on the canal in Bohemian Navigli, Milan, Italy - Stock Image

What's the story, morning glory?

Man (60-65) tanning outside at water's edge in Milan, Italy during the height of the summer - Stock Image

Thanks in advance. p.s. Obviously none of the above are being replicated in micros. 

Alex

Edited by Brasilnut
  • Like 1