I am having fun scrolling through all the images, they're all so different and beautiful in their own ways. And the urge to go travelling again is getting almost unbearable. So many places I need to visit/re-visit. Sigh.

A gentle reminder - if you'd like to submit any 'on the beach' pics, you have roughly 4 more days.  Have a great weekend everyone, superb beach weather here in the Southeast of England.

The wreck of the SS Nornen on Burnham beach, Somerset, UK

the-wreck-of-the-ss-nornen-at-sunset-on-

A couple sitting out a sudden squall on Weston-s-Mare beach, Somerset, UK

two-people-sitting-on-a-beach-in-a-rains

It's amazing what the tide can bring in. An old TV washed up onto the beach at Weston-s-Mare, Somerset, UK

an-discarded-tv-washed-up-onto-a-beach-w

Some amazing entries this month. Pretty sure that mine aren't up to scratch but my three entries all the same...

Another shot of Boracay... the calm before the storm..

white-sands-beach-boaracy-the-philippines-this-place-is-a-tropical-EM1A86.jpg

Just because it reminds me of a fun family holiday in Dawlish Warrern (Devon)...

a-family-playing-on-the-beach-at-dawlish-warren-in-devon-uk-S13B5P.jpg]

Boscombe Beach (Bournemouth):

a-view-along-the-seafront-and-boscombe-beach-towards-bournemouth-pier-G2TER9.jpg

Today is the last day of the August Challenge, so if you have any interesting, dreamy, dreadful, happy, relaxing, action-packed, thoughtful, miserable or plain weird shots of all things beach in your portfolio, then today is the day to post them - you have until midnight! 

I am going to find it very difficult to narrow this down to ten, love the variety from classic holiday brochure gloss to social documentary shots - alamy at its best! Many thanks for all the submissions to this challenge so far.

10 hours ago, Matt Ashmore said:

Just because it reminds me of a fun family holiday in Dawlish Warrn (Devon)...

Ah, childhood holidays...

West Wittering earlier in the thread, now Dawlish Warren.

I remember Dawlish Warren before the holiday homes and amusement parks arrived. Just mile after mile of sand dunes.

Alan

3 hours ago, imageplotter said:

Today is the last day of the August Challenge, so if you have any interesting, dreamy, dreadful, happy, relaxing, action-packed, thoughtful, miserable or plain weird shots of all things beach in your portfolio, then today is the day to post them - you have until midnight! 

I am going to find it very difficult to narrow this down to ten, love the variety from classic holiday brochure gloss to social documentary shots - alamy at its best! Many thanks for all the submissions to this challenge so far.

I don't envy you the task.

Allan

3 hours ago, imageplotter said:

Just to be a pain in the neck.... traditionally it has been eight images to vote on. Your choice, of course.

Paulette

Oh, thanks for pointing that out, NYCat, not a pain in the neck at all, I was just going by the last month I saw. I shall aim for 8 then, will try to set up the poll tomorrow morning. Sorry if I'm a bit behind, AIM has just crashed on me again after half an upload (despite being on a stable ethernet connection), so am a little stuck and in need of fresh air (a beach wouldn't be a bad idea right now).  

Allan - well, at least they're fab images to look at, anything to make me shut down LR for an hour or two is good! :D

Happy weekend everyone, and many thanks for all the fantastic image contributions to this month's challenge. Poll comin'up in a bit!

Archived