Hello Everyone,

Many thanks again for voting for my image in the July Challenge, I'm chuffed!

Well, it's August...holiday time just about everywhere. So I thought I'd go for the glaringly obvious one: ON THE BEACH. 

I'm hoping this is a fairly 'democratic' subject as most of us will have been on a beach at some point or another, whether it's on a classic postcard of an exotic holiday in warm climates, a wild and stormy landscape shot, or a temporary sand pitch 'city beach' in an urban environment. So - go crazy! Anything goes from dreamy palm-fringed fantasies to gritty Martin Parr-esque documentary shots, with people or without, day or night, summer or winter. It doesn't even have to have sand in it - but the picture does need to clearly be at some kind of beach,or feature a beach in some form.  I hope I'm not duplicating a previous challenge (tried to search through the last year or so, if it has indeed been done before then please forgive me!) 

The challenge will close at midnight on 31st AUGUST. Please post up to 3 of your Aamy images.

I'm attaching a few ideas, although beach shots are not my strong point, so I'm really curious what people will come up with!

Hope you'll have a lot of fun with this one!! Feel free to sip on a Pina Colada whilst selecting your shots. :D

EXAMPLES:

1.Fake Beach Fun (London Beach Rugby tournament last weekend)

.JRFA0J.jpg

2.There's a beach somewhere in there (Southend-on-Sea)

EYN3JX.jpg

3.Fire Juggler and old West Pier (Brighton)

F34PN6.jpg

OK, here Goes! Three contrasting  Beach shot from me:

The worlds most optimistic ice cream man selling ice creams on Southsea beach.

portsmouth-england-4th-january-2014-an-ice-cream-vendor-peers-out-DNRB4G.jpg

People on the beach beside Southsea hoverport

portsmouth-uk-9th-jul-2017-temperatures-of-over-24c-drew-families-JGPT16.jpg

El Arenal beach and palma bay at sunset

sunset-over-the-bay-of-palma-mallorca-balearic-islands-spain-taken-F1W6GN.jpg

Congratulations on your win. Here are three beach images from me.

Beach volleyball players, Vancouver, Canada

people-playing-beach-volleyball-at-sunse

Peace at Last, Puerto Morelos, Mexico

man-and-palm-tree-puerto-morelos-quintan

On Mexican Time, Barra de Navidad, Mexico

drink-vendor-and-woman-reading-a-book-on

P.S. I know that I should have straightened the horizon on this one. But I uploaded it a long time ago when I wasn't very careful about such things. I actually don't mind the tilt. Perhaps I'd had a couple of cervezas at the time as well.

Camel Train on Cable Beach, Western Australia

tourist-camel-train-on-cable-beach-at-su

Starfish Beach, Bocas del Toro, Panama

panama-boca-del-drago-starfish-beach-boc

Kangaroo and Wallabies on the beach at sunrise, Cape Hillsborough, Queensland, Australia

eastern-grey-kangaroo-macropus-giganteus

13 minutes ago, Inchiquin said:

No point in anyone else submitting after seeing that one, Gen :(:(

Alan

Aww thank you but it's far from the truth. It's a classical Australian one and anyone who visited Broome will have a similar one. Awesome sunsets are almost a given every night on that beach. Also, not everyone like pretty sunsets. My guess is that most people prefer images with people in them and I'm totally crap at it. So here you are. Please do submit!

Gen

1 hour ago, gvallee said:

Aww thank you but it's far from the truth. It's a classical Australian one and anyone who visited Broome will have a similar one. Awesome sunsets are almost a given every night on that beach. Also, not everyone like pretty sunsets. My guess is that most people prefer images with people in them and I'm totally crap at it. So here you are. Please do submit!

Gen

Well here are a few more with no people - I must love the deserted beaches of the West of Ireland judging by the number of pics I have. I wonder why they are deserted?

EDIT: Actually I prefer your excellent starfish shot to the camel shot (which is also excellent)

Fanore, County Clare

fanore-beach-the-burren-co-clare-ireland-with-eroded-limestone-pavement-ETPTTA.jpg

Cappagh Beach, Dingle Peninsula, County Kerry
cappagh-beach-clockane-an-clochn-dingle-peninsula-county-kerry-ireland-J3KD2D.jpg

Mannin Bay, County Galway,  with view to the Twelve Bens of Connemara
view-towards-the-twelve-bens-mountain-range-connemara-county-galway-C7GC00.jpg

48 minutes ago, MDM said:

Actually I prefer your excellent starfish shot to the camel shot (which is also excellent)

Here you are Alan (Inchiquin). You never know what people will like. Come on, show us your beaches.

Gen

2 hours ago, gvallee said:

Here you are Alan (Inchiquin). You never know what people will like. Come on, show us your beaches.

Oh, I've got beaches! They'll be up here before the end of the month :)

Alan

I love the beach, difficulty making my choices. Here goes:

Grand daughters concentrating on sandcastle building and enjoying a day at the seaside!

troon-ayrshire-scotland-uk-11th-july-201

Highland Cows cooling off in the sea at Fionnphort Beach on the Isle of Mull, Scotland

iona-scotland-uk-26th-may-2016-highland-

Path leading to the North Beach, Iona, Scotland

path-through-the-marram-grass-to-traigh-

Group of friends enjoying a summer afternoon at the beach Rottnest Island Western Australia MR Stock Photo

Group of friends enjoying an evening at Pinky Beach, Rottnest Island, Western Australia

Bow of traditional wooden prahu moored near Gam Island, Raja Ampat, Papua province, Indonesia. No PR Stock Photo

Bow of traditional wooden boat (prahu) off Gam Island, Raja Ampat, West Papua

Sea kayaker entering heavy surf from beach, Noosa, Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia. MR Stock Photo

Determined kayaker entering surf off Noosa Beach, Australia

5 hours ago, ColdCoffee said:

Yeah ... just what i thought as well :)    Great photo!

Thank you, very kind of you, but please do submit, people have widely different tastes.  

Gen

Three from me.

waves-breaking-on-beach-freshwater-bay-i

Shingle beach Freshwater Bay Isle of Wight.

bognor-regis-seafront-and-sands-C994KY.j

Lone walker on Bognor Regis beach.

fishing-boats-on-bognor-regis-beach-west

Fishing boats and creels Bognor Regis beach.

Allan

A great theme for this month.   But difficult to choose only 3 photos!  

However, my favourite is these Jackass penguins who had just come out of the sea at Simon's Town in South Africa, and obligingly lined up in a row to preen their feathers.

a-trio-of-african-or-jackass-penguins-in

Here is my step-grandson playing on the beach at North Berwick.  He has hemiplegia and is the youngest person in UK I believe to wear a snazzy carbon fibre brace that allows him great movement

close-up-of-legs-of-a-happy-young-child-

And finally an iconic view of the Bass Rock and Craigleith Island in the Firth of Forth

moody-beach-with-swirling-waves-in-firth

Archived