I'm finally getting round to familiarising myself with the new IM and working out how to use the new features to my advantage. So, I just did a search for my local town and found that my most recent upload, which is supertagged with the name, appears lower down the order than an older one in which the name is not supertagged.

So, er, what exactly is the point of supertags?

Alan

1 hour ago, Inchiquin said:

I'm finally getting round to familiarising myself with the new IM and working out how to use the new features to my advantage. So, I just did a search for my local town and found that my most recent upload, which is supertagged with the name, appears lower down the order than an older one in which the name is not supertagged.

So, er, what exactly is the point of supertags?

Alan

That sounds awfully familiar. There was a long thread on supertags demoting images  in February. See here

http://discussion.alamy.com/topic/7118-proof-“supertags”-are-not-working-properly-in-fact-they-make-image-position-worse/.

I thought it was fixed though??  Maybe it's come back? Or... it never really went away?

Mark

I've been a bit frustrated by older images coming up first. I have uploaded a lot of tennis pics recently but when I search for a particular player, the first that appear are the ones I took two or three years ago, not the most recent.

It seems they are displayed oldest first, which is a bit odd, to say the least - but you would think that the supertags would override that.

I've been adding supertags -- in a fairly haphazard way -- to older images, and I can't say that I've seen a lot of difference in search results, one way or the other. Good captions still seem much more important. However, revisiting images and reworking keywords / tags is probably a good investment. Who knows what the future might bring...

18 hours ago, Phil Robinson said:

It seems they are displayed oldest first, which is a bit odd, to say the least - but you would think that the supertags would override that.

Precisely. I've no problem with older images turning up first, as long as I'm the one who decides the order by choosing which to supertag.

Alan

Archived