How was your July?

Things were looking a bit sparse until today when three last-minute sales popped up -- one for $160 -- and saved the month. I ended up with ten sales (average for me) for $367 gross. Low average PPI due to a number of small "coffee money" distributor and UK newspaper licenses.

Good - more sales than usual and my "average CTR" is just below its all time high.

Mostly Alamy's bread and butter editorial images, and all this month for magazine or editorial website use, lowest price $27, and thankfully no PU sales, though no $100+ this month either. 

I haven't added anything new since last November, other than the occasional mobile phone photo, so it's nice to know things are working here even when I can't "feed the beast." Some older images have been licensed lately (2008-2012), as well as images taken in 2016, so that's good to see too - a nice mix of files selling.

Hoping I will have time to upload new images soon. 

Looking forward to more regular updates of "client wants" for ideas. 

18 for $642, better than recent average, possibly on track to match last year.  Some higher fees than of late too, so a modicum of encouragement.

Also sidled  past the 10,000 images mark, it has taken just a tad less than 10 years. Time wasted or a useful exercise? Gives me something to do in retirement, and a little extra cash, but not highly remunerative.

2 for 75 gross. One PU sale looked very lonely till near the end of the month, but a book sale came to keep it company and save the day. The book sale was taken as live news a couple of years back (but never sold as such)  and should hopefully be relatively easy to find, as I can only really see it relating to one of two subjects.

Zooms and ctr were really suffering too, mid-month, but picked up to be reasonable by the end. Hope to start uploading again soon, which will doubtless help matters. 

Until late last night, it looked as if July would be my first month this year with no sales, but checked again this morning and had a $100 newspaper sale showing ☺. On a slightly more positive note, CTR and zooms increased during July, so hopefully, things will be better next month!

62 for $2870 gross - helped by a $646 sale at the beginning of the month, but also 5 other 3 figure sales

Numbers and gross income both about 20% down on last july

Also poorest CTR for several years (0.54) so overall zoom numbers slightly down which does not bode so well for the future....

Continuing to upload...

Kumar (the Doc one)

11 sales for $236 gross. So a little below average for both volume and revenue.

Lowest $6.78, highest $44.19, no distributors.

Rolling zooms 1st of month 52, end of month 32, so not a good trend.

However, rolling views on the 20th, July best ever, for the second month running.

John.

Best month ever, on an expanding portfolio - so as it should be but also a relief! Zooms and CTR heavily down though, so clearly some work to do on the finer points of stock photography. I'm going to be gentle on myself for having done far more Live News photography than I originally intended, which may be playing a part.

13 licences totalling a disappointing $481.39 gross.

Zooms on the up currently with 62 over last month (several from my recent uploads), hopefully will translate into some good sales. 

Archived