No of sales counter on each photo

Jansos

Personally I would find it useful if there was a field associated with each photo that recorded the number of times that the photo had sold and, ideally, its max, min and average price. That way it would be easier to remove photos that were not selling from each portfolio. :-)

• Love 1
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Jansos said:

Personally I would find it useful if there was a field associated with each photo that recorded the number of times that the photo had sold and, ideally, its max, min and average price. That way it would be easier to remove photos that were not selling from each portfolio. :-)

Total price would be useful too. Zoomed but not sold would be really useful. Viewed but never zoomed would be nice to have.

So yes all that would be nice, but it is also not very difficult to do yourself.

OK not the zoomed but not sold; viewed but not zoomed info.

But the sales are all on your Net revenue page. And in it's downloadable spreadsheet.

Does anybody attach thumbnails to this spreadsheet? If yes, how? And how big is the resulting file?

The document I use for cumulative sales is getting quite big at 79Mb.

wim

Cheers Wim. You are right, of course, but I'm lazy and I spend enough time key wording and life is too short! I was hoping that the good folk at Alamy could show this info in an accessible way so that it would provide us with more of an incentive to fine tune our respective collections. Would be very easy to implement a little running 'no sold' counter on each photo.

This might answer your question re thumbnails in Excel - http://www.solveyourtech.com/insert-picture-cell-excel-2010/ 

BW, John

I make do with a periodic printout of my sales history. I've tried pasting it into Excel  but it seems to make the cells impractically deep.

Doing it manually one at a time is probably impractical for Wim's huge level of sales. Even mine would take hours.

Edited by spacecadet

8 hours ago, wiskerke said:

Total price would be useful too. Zoomed but not sold would be really useful. Viewed but never zoomed would be nice to have.

So yes all that would be nice, but it is also not very difficult to do yourself.

OK not the zoomed but not sold; viewed but not zoomed info.

But the sales are all on your Net revenue page. And in it's downloadable spreadsheet.

Does anybody attach thumbnails to this spreadsheet? If yes, how? And how big is the resulting file?

The document I use for cumulative sales is getting quite big at 79Mb.

wim

I do love my spreadsheets and have all sorts of statistics. I do not actually download the sales report but I base my own spreadsheets on it.

My first s/s shows stats by country where it was taken, country of purchase, type (landscape, bird, macro, etc), profit/loss per trip, number of sales/price per month since the beginning of time. All with associated graphs.

My second s/s shows multiple sellers with sale date and price, with granularity showing number of time sold each, highest return, etc. 

It can be very interesting. For a while, it was telling me that my best sales were pictures of birds taken in Brazil sold to the UK.

Now it's all change, but I will keep cards close to my heart as I recently opened my mouth too much and saw lots of competition uploading.

And yes Wim, I was including thumbnails for a while but now stopped. Too much work.

Gen

The Lightroom Plug-in for Alamy gives you a smart list of images that have sold, Once ou select an image the side panel shows the number of times, and the gross amount for all sales for a particular image.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, fotoDogue said:

The Lightroom Plug-in for Alamy gives you a smart list of images that have sold, Once ou select an image the side panel shows the number of times, and the gross amount for all sales for a particular image.

You beat me to it!

Yes, the sales reporting in the plug in is very useful 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

• 3 years later...
On 25/07/2017 at 13:36, fotoDogue said:

What is the Lightroom Plug-In? Where do I go to access this please?

• 1 month later...
On 25/07/2017 at 04:36, fotoDogue said:

Really useful Lightroom plugin - have started to use it and most impressed with functionality.

On 24/07/2017 at 08:20, spacecadet said:

I make do with a periodic printout of my sales history. I've tried pasting it into Excel  but it seems to make the cells impractically deep.

Doing it manually one at a time is probably impractical for Wim's huge level of sales. Even mine would take hours.

I do add all my sales manually to a spreadsheet - yes, it takes a long time, and I try to do it every couple of days to minimise the time at one sitting, but the results are very useful.

I can instantly see the number of times each image has sold, the total fees earned, and as my file names represent the subject of the image, I can quite easily get a total earned by certain subject categories.