GS-Images

Happy fun images...and a few random ones

arterra    3,760
32 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

Geoff just totally ignore the small minded individual. Do not even mention red arrows on the forum. He/she will soon get fed up if you do not react.

Allan

Just report it to Alamy. They can see who it is.

Cheers,

Philippe

Allan Bell    987
1 hour ago, arterra said:

Just report it to Alamy. They can see who it is.

Cheers,

Philippe

+1 

Alllan

Did not think of that.

ITMA

Edited by Allan Bell

GS-Images    1,211

Thanks guys but some of the reds are very likely to come from them. I'm on their blacklist. Sometimes after I post they're reading the thread I post to straight afterwards. It makes me feel like a naughty child that needs to be watched. It's pathetic. I'm just a nice friendly kind hearted guy, but am made to feel like a monster.

Allan Bell    987
2 minutes ago, GS-Images said:

Thanks guys but some of the reds are very likely to come from them. I'm on their blacklist. Sometimes after I post they're reading the thread I post to straight afterwards. It makes me feel like a naughty child that needs to be watched. It's pathetic. I'm just a nice friendly kind hearted guy, but am made to feel like a monster.

I honestly do not think that Alamy enter into the green arrow/red arrow melee. Seem to remember they actually said this somewhere but I may be mistaken.

Allan

GS-Images    1,211
25 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

I honestly do not think that Alamy enter into the green arrow/red arrow melee. Seem to remember they actually said this somewhere but I may be mistaken.

Allan

I've been told otherwise before, by them. I won't get into details in public of course. Let's change the subject. I know I started it but I can't bare the stress these things cause me.   :(

Geoff.

Edited by GS-Images

Ed Rooney    1,302

I can't post an image anymore, and I have nothing to say. Just wanted to command all 4 areas for a moment. :D

GS-Images    1,211
On 12/08/2017 at 22:43, Ed Rooney said:

I can't post an image anymore, and I have nothing to say. Just wanted to command all 4 areas for a moment. :D

Good plan Ed. I THINK I know what you mean.   :)

Here is a cow dressed up in a pig costume for charity.

runner-dressed-at-peppa-pig-at-the-chestnut-tree-house-10k-charity-F1PXFA.jpg
Edited by GS-Images

Allan Bell    987
3 hours ago, GS-Images said:

Good plan Ed. I THINK I know what you mean.   :)

Here is a cow dressed up in a pig costumer for charity.

runner-dressed-at-peppa-pig-at-the-chestnut-tree-house-10k-charity-F1PXFA.jpg

That is not a nice way to talk about a lady.:blink:

Allan

GS-Images    1,211
15 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

That is not a nice way to talk about a lady.:blink:

You're absolutely right Allan. I feel awful that my post may have caused offence.  :lol:

I did get your last email by the way, thank you, my "not spam" filter worked. I'll reply at some point.  :)

Geoff.

Ed Rooney    1,302

Thanks for that picture, Geoff. Now, next time I go up to the Bronx Zoo, I'll be able to recognize a cow. Philippe says I won't find cows in a zoo. So where would I find one? This is not India you know? They're not wandering around in the streets. :rolleyes:

Edited by Ed Rooney

GS-Images    1,211
10 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

Thanks for that picture, Geoff. Now, next time I go up to the Bronx Zoo, I'll be able to recognize a cow. Philippe says I won't find cows in a zoo. So where would I find one? This is not India you know? They're not wandering around in the streets. :rolleyes:

You're welcome Ed. Cows tend to be quite shy animals, and often they hide behind bushes or under cars. If you want to see one, you could try checking under every car in your city. If you're lucky you'll see some.

Good luck.  :)

Geoff.

Ed Rooney    1,302

Under cars? I thought those were rats? And I'm not young, you know. If I start going around bending down to look under cars, I could end up with major back problems. 

I was up at the Union Square Greenmarket last week buying some special organic cheese, and there was a place card talking about their special organic cows. So I asked this woman, "Where are these special organic cows?" "Back on the farm," she said. "Oh sure, I bet they are." I said. Ha ha, guess I told her!  B)

GS-Images    1,211
8 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

Under cars? I thought those were rats? And I'm not young, you know. If I start going around bending down to look under cars, I could end up with major back problems. 

I was up at the Union Square Greenmarket last week buying some special organic cheese, and there was a place card talking about their special organic cows. So I asked this woman, "Where are these special organic cows?" "Back on the farm," she said. "Oh sure, I bet they are." I said. Ha ha, guess I told her!  B)

:lol:

I'm glad I'm not the only crazy cow-lover here.  :D  ALL cows are special, of course.

Geoff.

45 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

Just don't go looking for cows in Queens, Ed. It's too sad over there.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/cow-on-the-loose-in-queens-new-york/

TeeCee    220

Still no cows I'm afraid. definately time to review my cow collection.

I did, however, mention that everyone is happy at Sidmouth Folk Week, here's just a few from this year's event, which finished on Friday.

sidmouth-uk-6th-august-2017street-band-p

sidmouth-uk-6th-august-2017traditional-d

sidmouth-uk-6th-august-2017-street-enter

sidmouth-devon-uk-4th-aug-2017-uk-weathe

sidmouth-5th-aug-17morris-men-perform-be

Allan Bell    987

More (moore) cow pics for you.

cows-on-midsummer-common-cambridge-engla

Cows on Midsummer common Cambridge. (NOTE to self :- Must reprocess this image.)

view-arun-valley-south-downs-west-sussex

Cows Arun Valley South Downs.

view-arun-valley-south-downs-west-sussex

And another. Just to show how to get two photos out of one view.

Allan

GS-Images    1,211

Allan, that looks like Arundel. Well you did say it's the Arun Valley, so I'm 99& sure I know the road you were in to take that. A tricky place to stand with no pavement and hard crossing that busy road too. I took this from the same spot recently.

arundel-panoramic-view-of-the-market-town-of-arundel-across-fields-JA3CRA.jpg

It's odd that the dead tree is no longer all there. I've been back to the same spot several more times since and I'm sure it was still there! Maybe that is a different tree? I don't think so though. Hmmm.

[Edit] It's a different tree, it has to be. I'll post a bit more about it in a min......

Geoff.
Edited by GS-Images

GS-Images    1,211

Arundel, West Sussex, England, UK. 24th May 2017. UK Weather. Countryside fields with a view of the medieval market Stock Photo  Arundel, West Sussex, England, UK. 24th May 2017. UK Weather. Early morning view of Arundel medieval market town Stock Photo

Both these were taken on the same day, so obviously a different tree.  :)

Mr Moo.

Edited by GS-Images

Allan Bell    987
38 minutes ago, GS-Images said:

Arundel, West Sussex, England, UK. 24th May 2017. UK Weather. Countryside fields with a view of the medieval market Stock Photo  Arundel, West Sussex, England, UK. 24th May 2017. UK Weather. Early morning view of Arundel medieval market town Stock Photo

Both these were taken on the same day, so obviously a different tree.  :)

Mr Moo.

Different tree but very similar. I was stood on Crossbush Lane near The Causeway (A27). Just in case you are not sure Crossbush Lane Takes the traveler to Warningcamp,Wepham and Burpham. View is towards the north of Arundel.

I was staying in a cottage at Wepham at the time.

Allan

GS-Images    1,211
10 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

Different tree but very similar. I was stood on Crossbush Lane near The Causeway (A27). Just in case you are not sure Crossbush Lane Takes the traveler to Warningcamp,Wepham and Burpham. View is towards the north of Arundel.

I'm unsure of the road name but I know the area very well so know the only road you could have taken it from. It's very nice there, and in the right light the view of the castle and the whole of Arundel town is great. You have to take your life in your hands crossing that stretch of the A27 though! Unfortunately you have to cross in order to walk across the bridge over the railway. I once stood on that bridge on the side of the road without a pavement (taking photos of the railway line) and a huge lorry had to stop because of me and I had nowhere to go. I was highly embarrassed! I thought there was room for me, which there was, but there wasn't room for my big butt that was clinging on behind me! Whoops.

Another recent view from there (it must have been with my 150-600mm lens to get that close).

southern-train-in-the-countryside-passing-through-the-market-town-JJ1WRD.jpg

Geoff.