Now the fix doesn't work. I barely, I mean barely, managed to sign in to the forum on my iPad. That's after selecting captcha pictures about....oh, 12-13 times. Re-entering my password over..and...over...and just getting the same login boxes over...and.... Let's put it this way...20-30 minutes and no joy.  The forum is the only thing that finally worked. 

The previous fix that used to work, doesn't. I deleted Alamy.com from my history and that worked before, but didn't this time.  I finally cleared ALL history and managed to access the forum after another 5-6 times of auto/bridge choices, but not my dashboard. I even rebooted the iPad. Nada.

This is getting so disgusting that it pretty much ruins Alamy for me.

Whew! Now I feel better. Maybe.....

Enough to make me relapse after my loooong illness. I'm only just now beginning to feel human again after 3 weeks. Taking and processing images is but a dim memory. But then, who knows if I can access the site to upload when I do.

Betty

54 minutes ago, GS-Images said:

Sorry you're feeling so rough Betty.

What fix was this? Alamy were going to turn the Captcha nonsense off, which I guess is what you mean. They haven't done yet though. Although I didn't have to use it today so far, but yesterday it was still on. CR told me it's for OUR security. Well I have a password for my security, and my accounts elsewhere on the Internet don't use Captcha. I hate to say anything against Alamy as I know it's noticed and I don't like to criticise, but it's been clear since the mess of AIM and the search engine, and various display issues recently, that Alamy need to employ someone who's capable of editing a few tiny bits of code on a simple web page (NOT referring to Captcha with that statement as I know that's Google, not Alamy). The stress caused by things not working, usually very fixable things, is completely unnecessary.

Geoff.

Cancelled the red arrow for you.

It's the worst UI I have used in years.. my keywording and uploads have almost stopped... Too much like hard work for the return at the moment.

I will try again when things change for the better.

44 minutes ago, mickfly said:

Cancelled the red arrow for you.

It's the worst UI I have used in years.. my keywording and uploads have almost stopped... Too much like hard work for the return at the moment.

I will try again when things change for the better.

34 minutes ago, GS-Images said:

Thanks for cancelling the red. I didn't even know I had one to be honest, but I can guess who from as it's normal for the same argumentative immature idiot to give out reds to my posts despite me just giving a polite respectful opinion.

Geoff.

....er i think mickfly was cancelling the red arrow for betty, I don't think you had one! :)

John

1 hour ago, Stokie said:

....er i think mickfly was cancelling the red arrow for betty, I don't think you had one! :)

John

Nope, he had been red arrowed, so I removed it as I think his points were valid regarding Captcha and the new AIM (and also the fear of criticising Alamy).

Green arrows for all in this post from me. It is really time A*&^% got themselves sorted so we contributors did not have to fiddle around trying to give them images to make money for themselves as well as us.

Allan

I'd just be happy if I could view/use AIM on my iPhone or Nexus tablet as I can use many other apps and websites with no problems, and I would even prefer the old AIM back for my PC and lappy simply for the fact that I could actually use it, even though it was not ideal! 

It still beats me that Flickr has an ideal editing area which works across all platforms and browsers, perhaps the Alamy web developers could take a look at that :)

I must be lucky.  I never get the captcha on my desktop or laptop, only on the tablet and do it once and it lets me in.  Could it be an issue with Apple devices only?  Desktop is Lenova, laptop Acer and tablet Samsung.

Jill

Thanks for the support.  Anyone curious, Google Pulmonary Candidiasis. Third time I've had it in 15 months. Better now.

I guess I can't sit in the comfort of my couch and see if I've made a sale this morning. My info is still not accepted on the iPad.

So much for tablet/phone access. :(  I'm almost afraid to try my Mac...I might have a nervous breakdown if I have to jump through 20 hoops. (Especially since my jump is weak these days :P)

Betty

3 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

Thanks for the support.  Anyone curious, Google Pulmonary Candidiasis. Third time I've had it in 15 months. Better now.

I guess I can't sit in the comfort of my couch and see if I've made a sale this morning. My info is still not accepted on the iPad.

So much for tablet/phone access. :(  I'm almost afraid to try my Mac...I might have a nervous breakdown if I have to jump through 20 hoops. (Especially since my jump is weak these days :P)

Betty

Betty I am sorry to hear of your problem and hope you are better soon. My friend is auto-immune depressed so I am interested in the condition. Can you tell me how the condition manifests itself and what is used in the treatment and/or the treatment regime?

I understand it can be fatal if not caught early.

Allan

PM your answer to me if you wish rather than clog up this thread.

4 hours ago, GS-Images said:

Deleted. What's the point.

[Edit] I'm surprised at who just gave me a red earlier (the only one logged in and looking at this thread at the time). I guess that says a lot. I give up.

Don't forget, Geoff, that it is all too easy to give reds while reading on a phone or tablet. I don't know if I would even realize I'd done so because I am sooooo good at ignoring the wretched things.

Paulette

10 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

Green arrows for all in this post from me. It is really time A*&^% got themselves sorted so we contributors did not have to fiddle around trying to give them images to make money for themselves as well as us.

Allan

PM sent

The big ole Mac works, still, after jumping through just a few hoops. :) I do my serious work on it, but like to access the forum, check my dashboard, and run searches on my iPad.  Not to be, I guess. Right now, I can do searches, and I can access the forum, but only after a lot of trouble.  I can't get to My Dashboard. So AIM is out, no working on spiffing up keywords or fixing legacy images from the comfort of my sofa.

A lot of people have said this browser works, or that browser doesn't, but you know, for me, anyway, all the browsers used to work.  That's why I'm having trouble with the whys.

I don't know if the trouble lies with individual browsers, individual computers or tablets, or the Alamy site.  I have no trouble anywhere but here.  There has to be an incompatability between the browser(s) and Alamy.  But then, what does this non-technical person know!  :lol:  I'm one of those dreadful people....a USER! You invent it, fix it, make it, I'll use it.

Betty

17 minutes ago, Betty LaRue said:

I'm one of those dreadful people....a USER! You invent it, fix it, make it, I'll use it.

Things would be so much better without them.

Computers would work.

Trains would run on time.

wim

15 hours ago, GS-Images said:

Sorry you're feeling so rough Betty.

What fix was this? Alamy were going to turn the Captcha nonsense off, which I guess is what you mean. They haven't done yet though. Although I didn't have to use it today so far, but yesterday it was still on. CR told me it's for OUR security. Well I have a password for my security, and my accounts elsewhere on the Internet don't use Captcha. I hate to say anything against Alamy as I know it's noticed and I don't like to criticise, but it's been clear since the mess of AIM and the search engine, and various display issues recently, that Alamy need to employ someone who's capable of editing a few tiny bits of code on a simple web page (NOT referring to Captcha with that statement as I know that's Google, not Alamy). The stress caused by things not working, usually very fixable things, is completely unnecessary.

Geoff.

Geoff, the fix, at least on my iPad, was to go to Settings>Safari>Advanced>Website Data.

There is a looong list of sites you've visited, clicked on or whatever. 

Find Alamy.com

delete it

The first couple of times doing that allowed me access to the Alamy site, all parts including my Dashboard. A week or so later, everything quit working, I did it again. The times between trouble became shorter. Then, as I stated when I created this thread, the "fix" no longer works. The last time, I deleted everything, not just Alamy.com.

i don't know what do do now to achieve function of my dashboard.

Betty

Archived