Finally passed with my photo's

vicky allum

Before you go too far check out your keywording (Tags) and captions to make sure they are correct. You have some tags which are not relevant to one image at least.

Welcome BTW.

Allan

You may have run into the problem in the Image Manager where you must unselect a photo before moving on to the next one. You can wind up with the work you do on one being added to the other if both are selected.

Paulette

1 hour ago, GS-Images said:

Welcome to the madhouse Vicky.

Remember you can use phrases for tags, and I'd suggest that for tags like "blue sky" rather than having them separate. Also keep those tags as normal tags, not supertags, as it isn't a major part of the St. Pauls image but someone may still use "blue sky" in a search, so it's worth having that there.

Some tips that I wish I'd been told when I first started (it took me YEARS to get anywhere!)....

• Only upload your best.
  • Don't upload thousands of poor or similar images just to increase your numbers. Many with tiny ports do well, as long as the images are good and tagged well.
  • For every shot you take, look at the background and sun position, not just the subject.
  • Don't be afraid to add images that there are already thousands of. You'll be surprised how high up in the results you'll be as a newbie IF you tag well and use phrases.
  • Concepts concepts concepts.
  • Ignore everything Allan says.  :P

Good luck!  :)

Geoff.

You better listen to Geoff, he thinks he is the boss.:P

Allan:D

As has been said, watch your captions and keywords.  Your first two, very different images, have the same caption.

Oh, and in the correctly captioned image of the brick wall the plant isn't ivy.  It's Parthenocissus quinquefolia, Virginia creeper.  You'll get more sales from accurate labelling because you'll attract a wider range of, often very knowledgeable, buyers.

On 7/19/2017 at 10:56, Allan Bell said:

Before you go too far check out your keywording (Tags) and captions to make sure they are correct. You have some tags which are not relevant to one image at least.

Welcome BTW.

Allan

Hi Allan,i am having a problem with this,as i put on 3 different photo's with different title and tags,but they seemed to have the same ones on them,not sure where i am going wrong?

On 7/19/2017 at 11:29, GS-Images said:

Welcome to the madhouse Vicky.

Remember you can use phrases for tags, and I'd suggest that for tags like "blue sky" rather than having them separate. Also keep those tags as normal tags, not supertags, as it isn't a major part of the St. Pauls image but someone may still use "blue sky" in a search, so it's worth having that there.

Some tips that I wish I'd been told when I first started (it took me YEARS to get anywhere!)....

• Only upload your best.
  • Don't upload thousands of poor or similar images just to increase your numbers. Many with tiny ports do well, as long as the images are good and tagged well.
  • For every shot you take, look at the background and sun position, not just the subject.
  • Don't be afraid to add images that there are already thousands of. You'll be surprised how high up in the results you'll be as a newbie IF you tag well and use phrases.
  • Concepts concepts concepts.
  • Ignore everything Allan says.  :P

Good luck!  :)

Geoff.

Thank you Geoff for the help,i also have photos on Dreamstime and Istock,it seems a little easier on these two to add tags and title as each photo is done seprately,so taking me a little longer to get used to Alamy. vicky

On 7/19/2017 at 11:52, Hai Nguyen said:

Hi Vicky,

Congrats on passing on your initial submission. I've joined Alamy fairly recently so in the same boat as you!

Hai

:)

Thanks Hai,let us know if you get a sale on any of your photo's.

On 7/19/2017 at 11:26, NYCat said:

You may have run into the problem in the Image Manager where you must unselect a photo before moving on to the next one. You can wind up with the work you do on one being added to the other if both are selected.

Paulette

Thank You Paulette for info,i am finding it a little harder than the other stock sites my photos are on as they make it abit more simpler  than Alamy,i am sure i will get there soon,vicky

Archived