Renaming Files after Passing QC

You cannot. You will have to live with the file name or reupload the image. Contributor Service cannot help you either. However, you will have to ask Contributor Service to erase the old one when the new one is alive.

Niels

If the image has not gone live yet, you can easily delete it instantly. There's a button for that.

If it has gone live, the image will remain "on the books" for 6 months.

If for some reason you want to keep it out of sight, remove all keywords and the caption. Maybe just have deleted as the only keyword and the same for the caption. In the description you could have a line like this image has been deleted; the new image is XXYYZZ.

You have to do this before hitting the delete button. After hitting the delete button all fields are greyed out.

wim

1 hour ago, wiskerke said:

If the image has not gone live yet, you can easily delete it instantly. There's a button for that.

If it has gone live, the image will remain "on the books" for 6 months.

If for some reason you want to keep it out of sight, remove all keywords and the caption. Maybe just have deleted as the only keyword and the same for the caption. In the description you could have a line like this image has been deleted; the new image is XXYYZZ.

You have to do this before hitting the delete button. After hitting the delete button all fields are greyed out.

wim

It is actually easier to ask Alamy for an immediate deletion of the original image without any trouble at all. This is normally one of the cases where Alamy deletes the image immediately if there is an improved substitute. I did this myself a short while ago changing an erronious file name that might have caused misunderstandings.

Niels

My post wasn't meant to diminish Wim's excellent advice - just to tell that in this specific situation there also was another way.

I will take a break from the forums - long or short, perhaps read a little bit at intervals - but I have lost interest in taking an active part - at least for now.

PS Obviously the OP has double posted and lost interest in the one above: 

3 hours ago, Niels Quist said:

My post wasn't meant to diminish Wim's excellent advice - just to tell that in this specific situation there also was another way.

I will take a break from the forums - long or short, perhaps read a little bit at intervals - but I have lost interest in taking an active part - at least for now.

PS Obviously the OP has double posted and lost interest in the one above: 

Niels,

There was nothing wrong with your advice.

Just we may not expect Contributor Relations to be always so forthcoming.

And then there's the odd chance someone looking for advice actually uses the search function on this forum or in Google and finds this thread...

;-)

Intervals; holidays; mindfulness. Sounds all good. Maybe take a picture once in a while. Summer is here. ;-)

wim

3 hours ago, wiskerke said:

Niels,

There was nothing wrong with your advice.

Just we may not expect Contributor Relations to be always so forthcoming.

And then there's the odd chance someone looking for advice actually uses the search function on this forum or in Google and finds this thread...

;-)

Intervals; holidays; mindfulness. Sounds all good. Maybe take a picture once in a while. Summer is here. ;-)

wim

Thanks, I will. I haven't given up the photography :)

Archived