Alamy Measures - inconsistent?

For the last week my reported views have been up and down. So much so I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed this and also wonder if Alamy are tinkering with the reporting criteria. Any thoughts?

Whether it's a re-rank or not, I don't know, but it's not like the ones we used to have.

My two better pseudos went up one row and my worst went down 2 rows.  It's the right direction, but far from the wild changes I used to see.

I too see wilder swings in views than before.  

Edit to clarify: This week, views have tumbled from 700-800 to less than 400 per day.  As Wim suggested, it may be due to holidays.

10 minutes ago, John Walker said:

My zooms and sales have moved up a notch and my CTR has dropped through the floor over the last month or so.  Until today that is, when my CTR has suddenly jumped back to it's usual level.

???

I find my CTR usually "bounces around" more at the start of the month as there's less data to average over. But, by the end of the month it usually settles down, albeit below where I'd like it to be :( .

For the past couple of days real time sales (net revenue) has been lagging behind dashboard update.

A sale from yesterday is showing in account balance and sales report but not in net revenue. Same for

a sale from the 5th - now showing in net revenue.

58 minutes ago, wiskerke said:

I have to go back 30 months to see a number of zooms this low for the rolling month.

wim

I agree with you Wim - zooms very low recently ? why?

Kumar (the Doc one)

Only one PU sale and a distributor this month.

Possible reasons?

1 On or around 4th of July there has been a drastic change back to the system we got in December, but had been mitigated on or around April 24th.

2 Maybe clients have the same problems with logging in as we do: In IE I get: Error on page when trying to log in. In Chrome and Firefox there are sometimes, but not always those captchas. It seems worse on Macs.

3 Brexit has happened while we were not looking.

4 There has been a re-rank after all while we were not looking.

5 Who knows; all of the above?

wim

edit: for Brexit read: the sky has fallen ;-)

3 hours ago, wiskerke said:

Possible reasons?

1 On or around 4th of July there has been a drastic change back to the system we got in December, but had been mitigated on or around April 24th.

2 Maybe clients have the same problems with logging in as we do: In IE I get: Error on page when trying to log in. In Chrome and Firefox there are sometimes, but not always those captchas. It seems worse on Macs.

wim

Or possibly

6. Everyone has decided that July is the best month for a vacation. 

5 hours ago, wiskerke said:

Brexit has happened while we were not looking.

2019 already. I must have been asleep. Oh no, now you are going to tell me it's still 2017 and Brexit hasn't even happened yet.

1 hour ago, John Mitchell said:

Zooms down in the dumps for me too, plus only two sales so far this month.

7. Everyone is in a state of shock after the G20 / G19+1

I've been in a state of shock for a lot longer than that. They just keep coming.

Oh and my zooms have dropped to virtually nothing although I got one today.

My zooms have gone from a record high last month to only one so far this month.  Regression towards the mean?  Or perhaps not, if others are also showing the same trend.

Maria

i don't know if it has any relevance but i have noticed that Alamy Measures/Metrics have been updated much earlier for the last few days. Previously they would be updated sometime in the mid afternoon but now they seem to have been updated by the time I turn my laptop on at 9 am. 

13 hours ago, wiskerke said:

Possible reasons?

wim

My test searches, not BHZ, certainly suggest that 1 or 4 or both has happened; I have moved way up the rankings to the first or second page on my large test searches. I am also seeing a much earlier update of Measures, am rather than pm.

After two years of consistent zooms and CTR both have now tanked since the start of the month.    Not that the results were spectacular, but  it was a very even keel.  Don't think I will bother uploading much more to Alamy if they decide to mess around in this way.  

17 hours ago, MDM said:

2019 already. I must have been asleep. Oh no, now you are going to tell me it's still 2017 and Brexit hasn't even happened yet.

I've been in a state of shock for a lot longer than that. They just keep coming.

Oh and my zooms have dropped to virtually nothing although I got one today.

Yes, the plot thickens, and thickens...
Summertime Blues, I guess.

Archived