Finding new Image Manager tricky to use

Anyone else finding the new Image Manager really fiddly to use? I have a Wacom tablet and trying to click the stars is driving me nuts, they just don't respond. And I keep forgetting that another photo might be highlighted so add irrelevant words and also finding the grey key words / black key words confusing. If it's just me, please let me know! 

I just returned my Wacom Intuos Pro 2017 in due to the problem with precise clicking. Both here on Alamy (and other sites) and so with lasso tool in Photoshop for example. It's Wacoms issue and it was useless device in effect. Now I can see I work a lot faster with my old classic mouse.

Other thing is that the new Alamy manage tool is very poor, I'm still waiting for it to be improved. Actually I liked it more before than now. Sometimes improvements are making more damage in waste of time meaning...

I'm not sure if this is coincidence or what but the Image Manager went live in March and I haven't had a sale since! 

I have checked by searching for some of my photos and they appear but I was averaging sales about once a month to every few weeks before then and I can't help feeling that something has changed. Anyone had similar experience? Any thoughts?

Thanks Philippe, I've been with Alamy since 2008 and have uploaded new pics fairly regularly since then. I think I've only uploaded one batch since the new Image Manager came in because it took me so long to keyword them (hence this post!) that it has slightly put me off uploading more. 

Thanks 

Al

2 hours ago, Burleseye said:

Thanks Philippe, I've been with Alamy since 2008 and have uploaded new pics fairly regularly since then. I think I've only uploaded one batch since the new Image Manager came in because it took me so long to keyword them (hence this post!) that it has slightly put me off uploading more. 

Thanks 

Al

I've taken a peek at some of your images because I thought it remarkable that you've sold regularly with such a small port. 

You are imaginative. Many of your images stand out. I like what you've done.

Here's hoping that things get back on track for you.  If it's any consolation, I usually sell 5-7 images a month, but this month, I have 1 small value sale.

Betty

You know you can check sales in real time?

Thanks for that Phillipe. Unfortunately like Geoff the last three months have been dire. I'm beginning to lose the faith!

4 hours ago, GS-Images said:

I'm holding a Pitty Party for me, Betty and Russell. It's tonight at 7pm. Everyone brings their own sandwiches. I'll provide the plates. Philippe can come if he likes but only to photography the event, not to take part.

See you all there.

Geoff.

That's ok. Nice thought. But I already hung myself.

I've broken my duck:). I never thought I'd be so pleased to see a $16 PU sale. Of a bush landing strip in Botswana (unless they thought they were buying the plane or the landing strip and ask for a refund!)

18 hours ago, GS-Images said:

I'm holding a Pitty Party for me, Betty and Russell. It's tonight at 7pm. Everyone brings their own sandwiches. I'll provide the plates. Philippe can come if he likes but only to photograph the event, not to take part.

See you all there.

Geoff.

I'll be there Geoff, holding out my hat for donations.

Allan

damn! just realised the party was last night.

2 hours ago, spacecadet said:

Hope they cut you down in time to get your last-day sales, Betty. 2 for me.

Absolutely nothing for me. :(

What's weird is that my zooms are good. Varying between showing 24-32 on a rolling 30 day basis. 

A lot of one offs, some with 2 zooms. Unless these people are stealing them instead of buying them.

Betty

41 minutes ago, GS-Images said:

Sorry you missed it Allan. It was a great party, but I can't tell you details. What happens at my parties stays at my parties!  :D

After getting 2 newspaper scheme sales today, I now have 2 sales for June. With the profit I'll buy an extra bag of crisps ready for next month's pitty party.

Geoff.

I have managed ZERO sales for June to date.:angry:

There is still Saturday.:wacko:

Allan

2 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

Allan

But not in this month of June??

wim

I tagged four not on sale images earlier (captions and tags) and saved the changes.

I`m trying to find them again to make some changes.

Is there a way to scroll through all my images in the new AIM?

Joe

3 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

Allan

What, the 31st? ;)

John.

9 minutes ago, Joe said:

I tagged four not on sale images earlier (captions and tags) and saved the changes.

I`m trying to find them again to make some changes.

Is there a way to scroll through all my images in the new AIM?

Joe

Joe was this one of the images you were trying to find?

Tourist with wheeled suitcases - Stock Image

Tourist with wheeled suitcases

John

10 minutes ago, Stokie said:

Joe was this one of the images you were trying to find?

Tourist with wheeled suitcases - Stock Image

Tourist with wheeled suitcases

John

No.

I`ve just amended that one, John. I hadn`t de-selected the image while i was tagging wheeled suitcases images yesterday.

Off out with the camera and mountain bike. Far too much unproductive time in the will to live sapping AIM.

Joe

2 hours ago, wiskerke said:

But not in this month of June??

wim

Arrrgh!   Help!   I am going bonkers!:blink:

Allan

Archived