Sign in to follow this  
GS-Images

Logging in every time

I'm aware that another company provides the forum service, but I don't know how much input Alamy has to that. Since the forum update recently I have to login every time I open a forum page, so not only daily or every time I put my PC off then on again, but every time I close the browser then open it again. It is very frustrating as it used to leave me logged in most the time. I understand about security, but on my own PC and other devices I'd like to be able to access the forum and make posts easily, like I always used to be able to. I use a non-guessable password via a password manager, so I have to constantly login to that several times every day. My browser is not blocking anything (scripts or cookies) that could prevent my login details being remembered.

Could this be changed please?

Thanks!  :)

Geoff.

Just now, spacecadet said:

No problems here on either computer.

Which browser and operating system is that please Mark? I wonder if there is a particular cookie blocked by default on my browser. I use Firefox on Windows 10.

Geoff.

FF win7.

I probably have too many Alamy cookies to be of any help tracking it down, but if there's anything I can look for just let me know.

Edited by spacecadet

4 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

FF win7.

That's odd. Ok thanks, I'll look deeper into this. Others are having the same problem so I wonder what their setups are. I do have various bits of security installed but it SHOULDN'T be blocking anything from Alamy or any 3rd party cookies, but I'll look more into it.

[Edit] Just read your edit. Ok will do, thanks Mark.

Geoff.

Edited by GS-Images

I have to sign in if I close the browser, but I never close my browser so its never an issue unless I am doing a clean start.

Not sure why you would close your browser unless you were shutting down.

Jill

I've checked exactly when it happens, and it is when I close my browser. I'm not going to leave the browser open the whole time though if I'm not using it. Why waste the desktop space, take up RAM, and have an extra tab at the bottom for no reason? I also turn my PC off when I'm not using it of course.

So something is happening when I close Firefox, and it's not the obvious things that can be found in the options.

Geoff.

As I saidGeoff, same for me and I use Chrome.  Not many people close their browsers until shutdown.  I have tons of RAM, so do not find the browser interferes with anything, including video streaming. And I usually have about 6 tabs open.

Jill

Just now, Jill Morgan said:

As I saidGeoff, same for me and I use Chrome.  Not many people close their browsers until shutdown.  I have tons of RAM, so do not find the browser interferes with anything, including video streaming. And I usually have about 6 tabs open.

Jill

I would think nearly everyone would close any program they are no longer using, including the web browser or anything else. We all do things differently though and I'm not going to leave my browser open just so I can stay logged in to these forums. It shouldn't be necessary and like I said, it's just another tab at the bottom I don't want there.

Geoff.

I close my browser. I use Safari on a Mac and I used to stay logged in on the forum and only had to sign in to my dashboard. I have to sign in every time for the forum now.

Paulette