GS-Images

Image identification

19 minutes ago, LawrensonPhoto said:

Yeah they do, not easy this flower business is it! :lol:

You're damn right! I can't stand it.  :D

8 minutes ago, arterra said:

Yours is indeed Allium Nigrum and not the same as Paul's ;)

Cheers,

Philippe

That's a relief! Thanks for that.  :)

Geoff.

rye.png

100% crop

Just realised this was taken over ten years ago on a Canon 350d with kit lens! ^_^

Edited by LawrensonPhoto
added info

6 hours ago, LawrensonPhoto said:

HDYEKB.jpg

Found on an english nature reserve (rye, east sussex) probably easy but I have no idea! and the bug?

I am a complete novice so don't take my word for it, but it's not simply cow parsley, is it?

Edited by Sally

I would appreciate help with information concerning this rabbit. The photo was taken in May at an outdoor market in Bayeux, France. My best educated guess as to breed, after a long Internet search, is Champagne d'Argent/Argenté de Champagne, but I know nothing about rabbits. There were other rabbits nearby with similar size bodies and head-shapes, but they were all white. Perhaps this one is a younger version. (Also, could someone please remind me how I could have inserted a smaller size photo!)

large-white-rabbit-with-black-head-and-o

Thanks very much, Philippe.

By the way, from the rough appearance of the owner, and the way he gently, but firmly, shoved the rabbit back into the basket with his foot, I gathered the rabbits were not being sold as pets. 

4 hours ago, LawrensonPhoto said:

rye.png

100% crop

Just realised this was taken over ten years ago on a Canon 350d with kit lens! ^_^

Although I can't see the leaves I'll stick my neck out and agree with Phillipe that it's Daucus carota, wild carrot or Queen Anne's lace.  The beetle is definitely the orange soldier beetle, Rhagonycha fulva.  This one:

Orange soldier beetle, Rhagonycha fulva Stock Photo

• Upvote 2

At the edge of a field of potatoes in Suffolk yesterday, buzzing with bees. 

Small pea like pods.

I0000OBmq.bAThiI.jpg

Edited by geogphotos

I have trouble identifying invoices - they often get mistaken for waste paper.;)

• Upvote 1

Any help identifying this flower and bee would be appreciated. I took a number of photos in a formal garden in East Lothian, Scotland, this week but no identifying name for this one. Pic below is not mine but is similar.

contactflowerandbee-c.jpg

There's only one way to settle this.........

The Fight of the Bumblebees. Sorry.

The flower is Cephalaria gigantea, giant scabious.  We'll need a link to your own photo to ID the bumble bee.

24 minutes ago, John Richmond said:

The flower is Cephalaria gigantea, giant scabious.  We'll need a link to your own photo to ID the bumble bee.

Many thanks indeed.

i have now put mine on sale. Here is one.

JF2XWM.jpg

Actually I think you can see bee better in this one

JF2XT3.jpg

Edited by Sally

Hard to tell but could bee (geddit!) Bombus sylvestris which is found in Scotland.

John.

Another one eludes me.  Presume its the same bee (same garden) as the one above. But have spent ages googling the flowers with no joy.  Help much appreciated.

JF2XF3.jpg

On 01/07/2017 at 17:35, Sally said:

Another one eludes me.  Presume its the same bee (same garden) as the one above. But have spent ages googling the flowers with no joy.  Help much appreciated.

JF2XF3.jpg

Hard to tell what the flowers are, could be some sort of Salvia.

As for the bee, could be Bombus lucorum, Bombus terrestris or Bombus soroeensis!

John.

28 minutes ago, Stokie said:

Hard to tell what the flowers are, could be some sort of Salvia.

As for the bee, could be Bombus lucorum, Bombus terrestris or Bombus soroeensis!

John.

My first hunch was Catnip: Nepeta with the saturation up high.

wim

On 01/07/2017 at 17:35, Sally said:

JF2XF3.jpg

Probably Nepeta grandiflora or variety of - though I don't know of one with such red calyces (the bud leaves).  Did you turn up the saturation?

2 hours ago, John Richmond said:

Probably Nepeta grandiflora or variety of - though I don't know of one with such red calyces (the bud leaves).  Did you turn up the saturation?

Thanks for the suggestions. I will do some research or might go back to the Castle garden and see if I can find out. No, saturation a notch up only if I remember, but not at home at present to check. I do try to avoid that.

44 minutes ago, Sally said:

Thanks for the suggestions. I will do some research or might go back to the Castle garden and see if I can find out. No, saturation a notch up only if I remember, but not at home at present to check. I do try to avoid that.

If you have a cat, bring him/her along. He/she will tell you right away whether it's Nepeta. Prrrr!

wim