GS-Images

Image identification

22 minutes ago, pazmander said:

I think it’s one of the blue flycatchers. They’re difficult to tell apart, but likely Tickell’s blue or mangrove blue.

Gareth

Looking again I think blue-throated flycatcher more likely.

Gareth

On 1/8/2018 at 15:37, Allan Bell said:

Geoff is still with Alamy but after a few fiascos with red arrows decided not to post on the forums anymore.

Remember this is what drove Philippe Clement away too.

A lot of people on here miss both of them and their very useful, and sometimes fun comments, me included.

Allan

I'm surprised by this. People shouldn't get worked up about receiving a red. It says more about the person giving it than receiving it. Reds are for people who can't say it to you straight IMHO. Come back Geoff and Philippe.

Edited by Sultanpepa

3 hours ago, pazmander said:

Looking again I think blue-throated flycatcher more likely.

Gareth

19 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

Might be a "White Rumped Sharma". But not 100% sure.

Allan

Thanks guys :) 

Both look like viable options :unsure:

Anyone help with identity of this leaf please. The nearest I could come to naming it was a Plane tree leaf?? My little book of trees did not seem to come up trumps this time.

back-lit-plane-tree-leaf-M4WG0P.jpg

Thanks in advance.

Allan

36 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

Anyone help with identity of this leaf please. The nearest I could come to naming it was a Plane tree leaf?? My little book of trees did not seem to come up trumps this time.

back-lit-plane-tree-leaf-M4WG0P.jpg

Thanks in advance.

Allan

Small leaved lime, Tilia cordata.

1 hour ago, John Richmond said:

Small leaved lime, Tilia cordata.

Many thanks for that John. You always come up trumps.:)

Allan

A few I've had for a while and never got around to keywording.

First, what is this lady carrying please? They don't look like flowers but there's probably a name for whatever they're called. Looks like a bunch of twigs! I don't expect a precise name, but there's probably a generic term for them.

KPAEWC.jpg

Looks like a dying leaf, or a leaf changing colour at the start of Autumn. Taken in the UK at the start of September. How would you describe the state of this leaf please?

KM9A59.jpg

What's this please? I know it isn't too clear so I'll post a crop if needed. Taken in September.

KM9A5C.jpg

This was taken in August. Viburnum tinus maybe? My guesses are usually wrong.  :)

KM9A4Y.jpg

Thanks!  :)

Geoff.

1 hour ago, GS-Images said:

A few I've had for a while and never got around to keywording.

First, what is this lady carrying please? They don't look like flowers but there's probably a name for whatever they're called. Looks like a bunch of twigs! I don't expect a precise name, but there's probably a generic term for them.

KPAEWC.jpg

Looks like a dying leaf, or a leaf changing colour at the start of Autumn. Taken in the UK at the start of September. How would you describe the state of this leaf please?

KM9A59.jpg

What's this please? I know it isn't too clear so I'll post a crop if needed. Taken in September.

KM9A5C.jpg

This was taken in August. Viburnum tinus maybe? My guesses are usually wrong.  :)

KM9A4Y.jpg

Thanks!  :)

Geoff.

#1 I can only suggest twigs for floristry / flower arranging

#2 is leaf miner damage and subsequent necrosis of the leaf.  Lots of different leaf miners so you'll have to be generic about ID

#3 Can't see enough detail

#4 Developing flower heads of Sedum spectabile.  Wouldn't know which variety until it flowered.

KPAEWC.jpg

KM9A59.jpg

KM9A5C.jpg

This was taken in August. Viburnum tinus maybe? My guesses are usually wrong.  :)

KM9A4Y.jpg

#2 is Horse-chestnut leaf miner look at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horse-chestnut_leaf_miner and https://www.google.cz/search?q=Horse-chestnut+leaf+miner&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi9-uq1iLbZAhWosKQKHRK4DY8Q_AUICigB&biw=1600&bih=777#imgrc=_

#3  is tamarix look at https://www.google.cz/search?biw=1600&bih=777&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=jeeMWvD6M4GZkwWmiqvYAw&q=tamarix&oq=tamarix&gs_l=psy-ab.12..0l6j0i30k1l4.580577.584628.0.587854.7.7.0.0.0.0.94.513.7.7.0....0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..0.7.512...0i67k1.0.TevIyMIynV4#imgrc=_

Radim