GS-Images

Image identification

Recommended Posts

This gull was spotted along the west coast of north central Florida last week. I've tried, but have been unsuccessful at identification. Any help would be much appreciated.

 

gull-at-beach-cedar-key-florida-usa-KFHC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think its a gull, maybe some form of sandpiper?

 

EDIT. just checked and don't think the beak is long enough, sorry

 

Edited by george

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been trying to identify this plant for the past week but unable to get any clue. It was taken at the Merced River in Yosemite National Park.  I would be really appreciated for any suggestion to identify this plant. Thank you very much in advance.

Jonathan 

 

KG0MGB.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently, (from someone who knows much much more than me ;)  ), its a juvenille laughing gull

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can someone help with the ID of this blue flower in the front of this image. Thanks

y flowers that are growing wild over an abandoned building in Tomar Portugal Stock Photo

Edited by george
thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, george said:

Can someone help with the ID of this blue flower in the front of this image. Thanks

y flowers that are growing wild over an abandoned building in Tomar Portugal Stock Photo

 

I think it is : Blue plumbago  or Cape plumbago 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, george said:

Can someone help with the ID of this blue flower in the front of this image. Thanks

y flowers that are growing wild over an abandoned building in Tomar Portugal Stock Photo

Yes, blue plumbago, Plumbago auriculata.  Looks like Ipomea indica above

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, george said:

Apparently, (from someone who knows much much more than me ;)  ), its a juvenille laughing gull

 

Thanks, George, and thanks also to that someone!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
unknown-plant-awaiting-id-flowering-by-the-roadside-near-ifonche-tenerife-J3WGFB.jpg

 

 

 

 

If somebody could help me with this one I'd be most grateful. It's probably something I should be able to identify myself as I usually manage but I have tried and failed here (like Doc's amazing candle). It's from the edge of the pine forest growing by the roadside at about 800 metres I think in western Tenerife, Canary Islands. It's got leaves like a thistle but a very delicate creamy whitish flower and is clearly not a thistle.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, MDM said:
unknown-plant-awaiting-id-flowering-by-the-roadside-near-ifonche-tenerife-J3WGFB.jpg

 

 

 

 

If somebody could help me with this one I'd be most grateful. It's probably something I should be able to identify myself as I usually manage but I have tried and failed here (like Doc's amazing candle). It's from the edge of the pine forest growing by the roadside at about 800 metres I think in western Tenerife, Canary Islands. It's got leaves like a thistle but a very delicate creamy whitish flower and is clearly not a thistle.

 

 

 

 

 it looks like an Argemone Mexicana 

 

1920px-Mexican_Poppy_(Argemone_mexicana)

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Southmind said:

 it looks like an Argemone Mexicana

 

Brilliant thanks that has got me on the right track -  really helpful.

 

It is certainly the Argemone family. Apparently there is a similar one called Argemone ochroleuca which also grows in this area and is paler in colour than Mexicana which is described as intense yellow on the website (http://floradecanarias.com) I frequently use for identifying Canarian plants.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MDM said:

 

Brilliant thanks that has got me on the right track -  really helpful.

 

It is certainly the Argemone family. Apparently there is a similar one called Argemone ochroleuca which also grows in this area and is paler in colour than Mexicana which is described as intense yellow on the website (http://floradecanarias.com) I frequently use for identifying Canarian plants.

 

I think you are right. There is another with similar leaves  : Argemone albiflora Hornem but the flower is white.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Southmind said:

 

I think you are right. There is another with similar leaves  : Argemone albiflora Hornem but the flower is white.

 

Yes the flower of my one is definitely a bit creamy rather than white but again thanks as I would not have found it without your input.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

KFXMN3.jpg

 

Can anyone identify this wild plant / flower. I suspect it is Stone Parsley. It was growing on the canal bank in West Yorkshire, growing with similar plants but with green stems and white flowers (Milk Parsley?). Any assistance gratefully accepted.

Thanks,

Paul

Edited by pablo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Difficult to identify... Don't you have another zoomed image ?  and to see the leafs can help the identification...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MDM said:

 

... again thanks as I would not have found it without your input.

 

You are welcome !  We can spend hours to tag some images . I don't understand why God didn't put stickers on every thing on this planet...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a specific name for this sort of picture screen used to cover a building during rebuilding.

 

Have searched Alamy but can't find any others. 

 

Thanks in advance for any ideas

 

I0000dMUp.jn6khk.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, geogphotos said:

Is there a specific name for this sort of picture screen used to cover a building during rebuilding.

 

Have searched Alamy but can't find any others. 

 

Thanks in advance for any ideas

 

I0000dMUp.jn6khk.jpg

'architectural building screen' or wrap according to this  https://www.imagegroupuk.com/print/print-for-walls-and-windows/architectural-building-screens  - had the same thought in the past :)

Edited by kay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, geogphotos said:

Is there a specific name for this sort of picture screen used to cover a building during rebuilding.

 

Have searched Alamy but can't find any others. 

 

Thanks in advance for any ideas

 

I0000dMUp.jn6khk.jpg

 

 

I think you can use the french word too :  'Trompe l'oeil' 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Southmind said:

 

 

I think you can use the french word too :  'Trompe l'oeil' 

 

Brilliant! Thanks

 

:D

 

 

Edited by geogphotos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, kay said:

'architectural building screen' or wrap according to this  https://www.imagegroupuk.com/print/print-for-walls-and-windows/architectural-building-screens  - had the same thought in the past :)

 

Wonderful, never would have found that. I knew that they had to be called something to allow whoever makes them to market them. 

 

:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now