June 2017 Challenge - Festivals

Shpg

Thank you to everyone who voted for my photograph in the Transport challenge.

The sunny days are here and for the June challenge I have chosen FESTIVALS as the theme. Music festivals, Food festivals, Art festivals all kinds of festivals. The atmosphere and people enjoying them.

The only thing I would not like to see are close ups on musicians.

Please submit up to three images from your Alamy collection.

The contest will finish at midnight 30th Jun

A few examples:

Oxford, Oxfordshire, UK. 3rd Jun 2017, Families enjoy the Oxford Festival of Nature at the Natural History Museum. Credit: Stanislav Halcin/Alamy Live News - Stock Image

Glastonbury Music Festival 2014 - Stock Image

Oxford, OXON, UK. 17th July, 2015. Artists, craftsmen, performers and musicians gather at the World Famous, Art in Action 2015, held at Waterperry Gardens, Oxford, Oxfordshire. Credit:  Stanislav Halcin/Alamy Live News - Stock Image

Good luck.

A great choice of subject even if it's one for which I don't have many good pictures to submit. So I look forward to seeing other peoples' pictures.

What I do have though:

From Reading Carnival:

reading-uk-29th-may-2017-uk-weather-read

Also from Reading Carnival:

reading-uk-29th-may-2017-uk-weather-read

Barrio Fiesta (Filipino Festival) in London:

looking-across-a-crowd-of-people-at-the-

Congrats for your win Shpg! Here are my three from festivals

1) Carnival in Trinidad, West Indies

caribbean-trinidad-carnival-parade-AA904

2) Chili pepper eating contest at the Hatch Chili Festival in Hatch, New Mexico USA

usa-hatch-new-mexico-chile-festival-girl

3) Caribbean Festival in Montreal, Canada

canada-quebec-montreal-carifest-a-festiv

3 hours ago, GS-Images said:

Congratulations on winning last time. I don't think I have anything that fits this month! I've still never won the competition and am rarely selected as a finalist. Looks like this month I'll have no hope as I have nothing to offer. Good luck to everyone else.

Geoff.

You're in Brighton aren't you? If so, there's the Takepart festival starts middle of June... 

http://www.brighton-hove.gov.uk/content/leisure-and-libraries/sports-and-activity/takepart-festival-sport-and-physical-activity

.. looks to be free.. looks like an opportunity for some 'Alamy Live News' pictures and just in time to take some entries for this month's competition!! :D

Press call at Radebeul weinfest, Dresden, wine queens and princesses with Herbert Graedtke as Bacchus

9k=

A glass of Eiswein, Radebeul

Z

Brass band at Wolf weinfest, Mosel, Nordrhein-Westfalen

9k=

btw if you haven't tried it yet, these were copied and pasted direct from the AIM pop-up.

On 2017-06-07 at 10:46 AM, John Mitchell said:

A timely topic. Here are three from me.

Italian Day festival, Vancouver, Canada

vancouver-canada-12th-june-2016-a-musica

I remember that guy from last year - a really good singer!  I'm looking forward to checking out Italian day again this year. 

Great topic Shpg, there are so many festivals this time of year.

Maria

2 hours ago, MariaJ said:

I remember that guy from last year - a really good singer!  I'm looking forward to checking out Italian day again this year. 

Great topic Shpg, there are so many festivals this time of year.

Maria

Perhaps he'll be back this year for an encore performance. Italian Day is just around the corner...

Mine are from Western Days in Lakeside, California. It is on the rodeo circuit and once a year at rodeo time there is a parade that was originally started by my father in the days when the town was really western and it was common to see a kid riding bareback down the street. There were two wonderful saddle, tack and clothing stores but it's all gone suburban and now you have to take a freeway to the Boot Barn in a shopping mall. Sigh. I wish I had one that shows more of the parade. It only had about five sections the first time but became a seemingly endless procession of kids, horses, cowboys, fire engines, etc. etc. But it looks like I tend to just take photos of individuals.

cowgirl-on-a-horse-with-decorated-saddle

DT0M7B

rodeo-cowboy-walking-across-the-dirt-are

E8B12F

portrait-of-a-cowboy-at-the-western-days

DCTNJ6

Paulette

1. A huge gathering of Indian muslims saying their prayers (namaaz) on the day of the Id-ul-Fitr festival at the Jama Masjid mosque, In Delhi, India.friday-prayers-at-the-jama-masjid-delhi-

2. At the Sonepur (Bihar, India) "Elephant Festival".
elephant-pilgrims-sonepur-sonpur-cattle-

3. Immersion of the Godess "Durga" idol at the popular "Dussera Festival" in Delhi, India.
goddess-durga-idol-immersion-in-river-ya

Kumar, India

Archived