Verify to enter dashboard?

Using Chrome, it took me only 25 clicks to get into the forum this time, which is better than last time. I'm pretty sure I'm hitting all the street signs, apartments, bridges, buses, vehicles right, then going through it again in spite of getting it right. Yes, annoying is what I'd call it, with an expletive or two for emphasis.

37 minutes ago, DDoug said:

Using Chrome, it took me only 25 clicks to get into the forum this time, which is better than last time. I'm pretty sure I'm hitting all the street signs, apartments, bridges, buses, vehicles right, then going through it again in spite of getting it right. Yes, annoying is what I'd call it, with an expletive or two for emphasis.

I'm now getting in after one or two tries on FF. It has taken me awhile to discover that part of a street sign, car, or whatever doesn't always count.

11 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

I'm now getting in after one or two tries on FF. It has taken me awhile to discover that part of a street sign, car, or whatever doesn't always count.

Wow! I just got in with no captcha nonsense at all! I hope it means we've seen the back of that.

edit: Okay, I take it back. This time I had to click boxes again, but it wasn't so bad. Good advice about the signage, John. I was clicking the signs and the posts they rode in on, which seems to have been part of the problem.

Hi All

All the Captcha nonsense is getting ridiculous I have had to get through 6 screens of pictures just to post this and can't log on when out of the office on iPhone or iPad .

Whats going on Alamy either stop it or get it right across all Platforms .

Heaven knows what the customer experience is like.

Regards

Jon

Yes, it is getting out of control. I have just had one where you are supposed to draw around an image of street sign, great but it didn't work. Then two screens of more street signs to select.

Please, please Alamy get the providers to get rid of this nonsense.

I was in Safari on my iPad.  I had some time previously selected "download sales report" and left the resulting report open in a tab.  I clicked on the tab and a dialogue box telling me that I had to submit the data again for the form, and the captcha, both tried to pop up at the same time.  One conflicted with the other, and I could click/touch neither.  It was impossible to close the affected tab in Safari, or to switch to any other open tab: Safari was in effect frozen/locked.  Closing and re-opening Safari did not help: the iPad was still stuck on the tab with the conflicts.  The only way to resolve this was to do a hard reset of the iPad by turning it off entirely and switching it on again.  This has happened to me twice now.  "Annoying" does not begin even to approach describing this situation.

Graham

17 hours ago, DDoug said:

Wow! I just got in with no captcha nonsense at all! I hope it means we've seen the back of that.

edit: Okay, I take it back. This time I had to click boxes again, but it wasn't so bad. Good advice about the signage, John. I was clicking the signs and the posts they rode in on, which seems to have been part of the problem.

Actually, I might have to take that back. It's not consistent. Today I had to click on part of a street sign in order to get in. I guess it might depend on how big the "part" is.

I didn't have to do it at all yesterday and thought perhaps Alamy had seen sense and switched it off but today.....those b....y storefronts, which are such awful photos you can't really see what's what, popped up. Oh joy!!

Pearl

From todays AlamyContentTeam Twitter feed

"We have had 'Captcha' turned on for extra #security when logging in. You don't need to worry about this & you can just log in as normal."

Trouble getting logged on with PC as well now. :(

Hi All

You have to draw around things now twice just to get here and also was in the middle of rewording and got a captcha dialog box still can't check things on iPhone etc .

This is silly please stop it ALAMY so far during kewording and checking forum I have had to log on 6 or 7 times .

Jon

• 1 month later...

Suddenly I am being harassed by these - probably because I have a new computer ?

Just now I was presented with "Pants" to identify - couldn't identify ANY UK English "pants" but reloading the page got me straight in on a password.

John Crellin, probably a bit grumpy today

33 minutes ago, John Crellin said:

Suddenly I am being harassed by these - probably because I have a new computer ?

Just now I was presented with "Pants" to identify - couldn't identify ANY UK English "pants" but reloading the page got me straight in on a password.

John Crellin, probably a bit grumpy today

I had pants today as well.  The whole thing is PANTS!!!

Pearl

5 minutes ago, Pearl said:

I had pants today as well.  The whole thing is PANTS!!!

Pearl

This is strange as Alamy stated captcha was used at weekends for better security BUT I went the whole weekend without captcha rearing its ugly head. NOW it is back.

Allan

Captcha is a PITA, and like Wim, I have it only occasionally for the forum on Firefox. 

On a positive note, the forum like button appears to have done away with red arrows, and the contributor image total updates itself without having to sign out and in.

42 minutes ago, GS-Images said:

Red arrows are still there. They'll never leave us I'm afraid. Hover your mouse over the heart icon and it pops up. We then have options to vote up, down, and also like? I don't get which to use.

Geoff.

The re-design has probably been done to remedy green or red arrows done by accident while swiping on a tablet.

So it's a good thing. Now we know that when we get a red one, it's deliberate.

;-)

wim

• Alamy locked this topic

Archived