I'm doing some spring cleaning, and deleting similars and non-commercial images.  However, they are not actually deleted they are in the awaiting deletion category and still show up in searches. Do I need to do something more, or does the deletion process just take some time?

Thanks,

Just a word of warning, I cleaned out stuff last year but then was mortified to have one of them zoomed, twice, while it was in the state of purgatory! ( I assume that they are unavailable to new customers during this period ?).

Alamy quickly restored it to full health, but I now feel that a potential sale is worth more than a slight improvement in CTR. I will only delete if I have an  improved version of the original shot, or can see, with the benefit of sober hindsight, that it was, in fact, dross ;)

It takes 6 months for a deleted image to disappear, as I remember.

And though this isn't the case above - if there's a truly urgent reason to delete a file, contact Alamy directly about it.

The whole process is 180 days.

90 where the image is still visible and the final 90 where the image will not come up in searches but we can still sell a licence if required - for example a customer with a long lead time (eg book publisher) comes back to us to request billing after comping with the image when it was available.

Many thanks

Alamy

Archived