Processing - average wait time 24 hours

My uploads from August 1st - which first was okay - but later changed to average wait time 24 hours, are still on this.

However, later uploads have reported 23 hours average wait time and have all minutes later gone to "Awaiting QC" - and have remained on this.

Still saying 24 hrs

Same here..... has anyone tried uploading anything since then? If so, did it go to "Awaiting QC" or is it also stuck in the 24 hour queue?!?

I uploaded three images last evening (after having two "24 hour" problem uploads last Thursday and Friday). It took about eight hours, but was "Awaiting QC" this morning. :P

Dave

Still saying 24 hrs

Same here..... has anyone tried uploading anything since then? If so, did it go to "Awaiting QC" or is it also stuck in the 24 hour queue?!?

I uploaded three images last evening (after having two "24 hour" problem uploads last Thursday and Friday). It took about eight hours, but was "Awaiting QC" this morning. :P

Dave

Cheers.... I should have some more by the end of the day, hopefully it's still working then  :D

Unfortunately this problem still exists today.

Uploaded a large batch on 1st August and they went 'Processing 23' >> 'Processing 24' and have remained there. Just uploaded another large batch at 11:30 this morning an the same thing has happened. 'Processing 23' >> 'Processing 24'.

Wonder if Alamy could update us on on how the fix is going and when these might get "unstuck"?

Thanks

J

n.b. both batches uploaded 100% "OK" first time. Zero upload retries or failures showing this end.

Unfortunately this problem still exists today.

Uploaded a large batch on 1st August and they went 'Processing 23' >> 'Processing 24' and have remained there. Just uploaded another large batch at 11:30 this morning an the same thing has happened. 'Processing 23' >> 'Processing 24'.

Wonder if Alamy could update us on on how the fix is going and when these might get "unstuck"?

Thanks

J

n.b. both batches uploaded 100% "OK" first time. Zero upload retries or failures showing this end.

Thanks..... i'll hang fire sending any more files at the moment then, an update would be useful.... at the moment we don't know whether it is one or all the files that will have failed / corrupted during the upload.

Apologies!

We are aware that there is an ongoing issue with processing images, this seems to be affecting most online uploads since the 31st of July.

Our Development team is looking into what has caused this and we hope to resolve this shortly.

Thanks for your patience. :)

Alamy

We are about to release a fix for this and will be working through the backlog of queued images imminently.

Thanks again for your patience.  

I had 3 batches on the "24 hr" queue. This morning the one from July 31 finally went to "Awaiting QC". I have one from the 1st of August that has also been "Awaiting QC".  

Hopefully now that they have a fix, these uploads will get cleared through. Going to wait to upload more till the 4 batches I have make it through QC.

I have also noticed that on the forum where it lists your images, mine still says 4. It has gone to 6 quite awhile ago (like that is any competition for you guys). How often does that change?

I had 3 batches on the "24 hr" queue. This morning the one from July 31 finally went to "Awaiting QC". I have one from the 1st of August that has also been "Awaiting QC".  

Hopefully now that they have a fix, these uploads will get cleared through. Going to wait to upload more till the 4 batches I have make it through QC.

I have also noticed that on the forum where it lists your images, mine still says 4. It has gone to 6 quite awhile ago (like that is any competition for you guys). How often does that change?

If you log out of the forum and then back in it often sorts itself out. The forum gets a little confused at times..... I know the feeling  :wacko:

Jill, try logging out and logging in again (on the forum).

J

I uploaded another image just to see what would happen.

The new one says, Processing 23 hours; the batch from the 1st still says Processing 24 hours.

Edit: The one from today has already passed QC. Guess I'll leave the other one alone for now. Wish I could delete and re-upload.

When they clear processing then pass QC, will the pics then no longer show up in  the 'new' search? As new goes by date of upload, and by the time this is fixed, then they get QC'd then keywording starts, they will have been uploaded a long time ago.

Wish I could delete and re-upload.

I echo your wish. To me it would make more sense for Alamy to bin my last upload and let me re-do them rather than have them languish in no man's land.

I suppose it might depend on the size of the upload.

Christine

You can just re-upload the submissions that are languishing. When the stalled submissions pass QC, and are finally ready for keywording, just delete them in Manage Images 2.4.

Dave

Archived