I am sure you are correct Joseph but I can't afford to ditch my microstock earnings and gamble on me possibly getting sales here but what I think I will do as a compromise is just post editorial here and delete the ones from my microstock sites that are not selling and see what happens. 

I am sure you are correct Joseph but I can't afford to ditch my microstock earnings and gamble on me possibly getting sales here but what I think I will do as a compromise is just post editorial here and delete the ones from my microstock sites that are not selling and see what happens. 

It's probably your best course of action in the circumstances. If you think your non-sellers on microstock are good images then by all means delete them from there but put them up here instead. As long as they have never sold as RF anywhere else you can have them as RM here. Or you can simply have them as RF here if you prefer, now that RF editorial forms part of the Alamy stable. Happy shooting.

Problem for you as I can see is you are selling a lot of the same images at both places.  Savvy buyers will do a google image search to see if it is somewhere cheaper.  I buy lineart for embroidery conversion and always search to see if the artist has it somewhere cheaper.  They always do and I buy it there.

Your Alamy images should be totally different than your Microstock.  Why compete against yourself?

Jill

Problem for you as I can see is you are selling a lot of the same images at both places.  Savvy buyers will do a google image search to see if it is somewhere cheaper.  I buy lineart for embroidery conversion and always search to see if the artist has it somewhere cheaper.  They always do and I buy it there.

Your Alamy images should be totally different than your Microstock.  Why compete against yourself?

Jill

So true. Then you think Alamy is not worth the work because you are not getting sales. Meanwhile, a searcher on Alamy sees your image and wants it, but decides to see if they can find it cheaper elsewhere. And does.

Jill

So true. Then you think Alamy is not worth the work because you are not getting sales. Meanwhile, a searcher on Alamy sees your image and wants it, but decides to see if they can find it cheaper elsewhere. And does.

That is the theory but you can't be sure. People here are reporting lower sales so is it worth me deleting some of my microstock images for the chance of perhaps sales here ? I am not sure.

Let me put it this way. Later in the year, we'll be moving out of state. I'm going to have a garage sale. Among the items, we have a Mercury boat motor, a trolling motor, and an almost new lawnmower.

I will list them on Craigslist because I can get what they are worth, or close.

If I offer them in my garage sale, people expect garage sale prices, and I would do well to get half what they are worth.

Betty

Ezekiel 25:17. "The path of the righteous photographer is beset on all sides by the

Inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil microstock. Blessed is he who, in

The name of Alamy and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of

Darkness and ridiculous low prices, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost

Photographers. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious

Anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my photography business  :angry:. And you will know

My name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee :angry:  :angry:."

Amen,

Philippe  -_-

Philippe, please let me know what you smoke because I'm becoming pretty jealous now! :-)  :lol:

Oh. Well, Philippe. My head is bloody from the brick wall I keep beating it against. :D How about yours? Need the Medical Services yet? Concussion? Need stitches?

Do you have any brains left? ;)

Betty

I kept banging the brick wall so much, I'm seeing bright light (perhaps I'm in a coma :o)...... I see The Lord ...... he's my guide ...... and he says: "Philippe, you beautiful man, go for RM!"

Yes, The Lord speaks in rhymes <_<

PS1: talking about stitches; anybody out there from Arizona (or any other cactus state)? I just continued cleaning my place in my pajamas and dropped a cactus on my bare foot  :o I would welcome a tip about how to remove a zillion spines from flesh. Hurts like hell  :blink: 

PS2: Are we off-topic?  :huh:

Cheers,

Philippe

Whiskey is the remedy Philippe. That's what I was told here in oz when I broke a tooth in the Outback and was told that the nearest dentist was 750km away...

Oh. Well, Philippe. My head is bloody from the brick wall I keep beating it against. :D How about yours? Need the Medical Services yet? Concussion? Need stitches?

Do you have any brains left? ;)

Betty

I kept banging the brick wall so much, I'm seeing bright light (perhaps I'm in a coma :o)...... I see The Lord ...... he's my guide ...... and he says: "Philippe, you beautiful man, go for RM!"

Yes, The Lord speaks in rhymes <_<

PS1: talking about stitches; anybody out there from Arizona (or any other cactus state)? I just continued cleaning my place in my pajamas and dropped a cactus on my bare foot  :o I would welcome a tip about how to remove a zillion spines from flesh. Hurts like hell  :blink: 

PS2: Are we off-topic?  :huh:

Cheers,

Philippe

Whiskey is the remedy Philippe. That's what I was told here in oz when I broke a tooth in the Outback and was told that the nearest dentist was 750km away...

In my throat or on my foot?  :huh:

...... any other tips? 

Now, I'm drunk AND still bleeding to death  :angry:

Cheers,

Philippe

A foot wax perhaps?  ;)

Yeah, thanks. I already have about 2k files to edit from 2016, when Alamy announced changes in April and I was waiting with the uploads... to autumn, then to xmas, then for fixing glitches of new system, etc... :P

Ezekiel 25:17. "The path of the righteous photographer is beset on all sides by the

Inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil microstock. Blessed is he who, in

The name of Alamy and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of

Darkness and ridiculous low prices, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost

Photographers. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious

Anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my photography business :angry:. And you will know

My name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee :angry: :angry:."

Amen,

Philippe -_-

Philippe, please let me know what you smoke because I'm becoming pretty jealous now! :-) :lol:

I'm cleaning my house, so I'm in a terribly bad mood :angry: I HATE cleaning. What a waste of time :angry: ....... and the word "microstock" has the effect on me like a red rag to a bull :o

.................. I need a coffee now....... I'll do the rest of the cleaning tomorrow ........ or next month.

Anyway, I'm glad I could help Marb cutting the Gordian knot.

Problem solved. Case closed! Let's move on .......  -_-

Cheers,

Philippe :P

MICRO-STOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  hahahahehehe!

Just dropping in for a therapeutic (had to look that up) moan.

After a good start to the month, things have dried up, no sales for a week and very few zooms. I'm doomed, doomed.....

Bryan - I will follow up your moan. No sales for me since the first week of the month and I can follow you with the zoom situation. CTR not good also but, hey, the sun is shining down here so some decent light for my 'local' images. Time to get the flask going!!

Jim.  ;) 

A very good month for numbers so far, and looking good for revenue too. A mix of the big and the small but the average seems to be up a bit. A couple of 3 figure sales helping.

Newspaper sales still to come so expecting numbers to go up and average to come down.

Spirits temporarily lifted by $35 sale, only to be disappointed by a $35 refund an hour later.

Not had that happen before, normally after a refund there is a resale for a different, normally smaller, amount. 

Archived