John Mitchell

Slow month?

John Mitchell    1,956

I hesitate to start another of these "please help make me feel better" threads, but I'm wondering if it's just me. Usually I have around five sales by mid-month. However, I currently have only one distributor sale (a very good one, fortunately) showing for February even though views, zooms and CTR all appear to be average. 

Jansos    340

I hesitate to start another of these "please help make me feel better" threads, but I'm wondering if it's just me. Usually I have around five sales by mid-month. However, I currently have only one distributor sale (a very good one, fortunately) showing for February even though views, zooms and CTR all appear to be average. 

If it is any consolation I too only have one (a rather poor one!). :-(

Abiyoyo    214

I have got 4 sales so far, but 0 zooms were last month at this period I had 14 :(

Edited by Abiyoyo

Michael Ventura    2,014

February has been a little slow but have had a couple of nice value sales that almost make up for it. Let's hope for a flurry of sales in the second half of the month!

gvallee    971

My feeling too. Zooms have also dipped sharply.

Let's hope the second half of the month improves.

Chuck Nacke    447

Licenses are normal in numbers or a bit better, but the fees are more than double

what they have been for the last couple of years, let's hope this is the

up way the business is going.

Edited by Chuck Nacke

Phil Robinson    564

A very encouraging first week, though it's slowed a little since then. Healthier numbers too - nothing embarrassingly small (yet)

Edited by Phil Robinson

Betty LaRue    1,113

Four in the first 9 days, nothing since. Zooms are near my all-time high.

Reimar    194

You bet it's slow.  Both views and zooms are way down.  My CTR for the month is 0.19.  I've never seen anything that low.

One sale where I would normally have about 7 by now.

Colin Woods    200

About average for me, with 15 so far including a $250 which is most welcome. 

• Upvote 1

John Mitchell    1,956

February has been a little slow but have had a couple of nice value sales that almost make up for it. Let's hope for a flurry of sales in the second half of the month!

That sounds encouraging. Flurries in the forecast would be nice. I feel a bit better now. B)

ReeRay    193

Views are through the ceiling, zooms in the basement and sales pushing up the daisies.

a.k.a. Things could be better.

GS-Images    1,468

No sales here since 27th January. Views way down most days too, thanks to the new search engine nonsense which benefits absolutely nobody.

Very disheartening.

Geoff.

Bryan    7,084

After a bumper December and a very good January, it's a case of tea  break over and back on your heads for February.

Average to below average, half way through and four sales, although one bright spark at $190.

dov makabaw    128

After a very good January sales and zooms have plummeted, particularly after moving to the new Image Manager system. I cannot remember when my CTR last dipped this low.

dov

Niels Quist    406

So far 3 sales (on the low side) - 21 zooms (on the low side) - CTR average, but would of course like to reach my best again - I don't count views but very high.

From what I see the US prices to most often US photographers) seem to be higher than in Europe.

Edited by Niels Quist
  • Upvote 1

Just 4 sales earlier in the month but this is better than February last year. Views holding up but zooms still low driving down CTR.

Jim. ;)

Stokie    332

8 sales (with 1 popping in this morning from yesterday) and 1 for $105 on the 1st - so not too bad. Views and zooms average.

John.

• Upvote 1

Perry    95

Only 2 sales.  Zooms low, but views are way up what brings down my CTR considerably.

Perry

John Richmond    488

Already better than January.  5 sales to date, 17 zooms and only half way through the month, as opposed to 4 sales and 16 zooms for the whole of January.  Can't complain.

It seems like there is a pattern, those who did well in January are not doing well in February and vice versa, is there anyone who had a very good January and is also doing very good or better in February?

Stokie    332

It seems like there is a pattern, those who did well in January are not doing well in February and vice versa, is there anyone who had a very good January and is also doing very good or better in February?

12 sales in January (best ever sales for Jan in 10 years) and 8 in February, but only half way through, so looking like I might beat Jan's figures.

John.