Not sure but when you say you are typing on the map I think you have missed the (very tiny) space above the map where you can type. That one and the caption field are really difficult for my eyes (as well as the greyed out tags). Too many very young people have created this.

Paulette

Just now I am trying to type in the location on the map field and I get the msg "oops something went wrong". Anyone else?

I have the same problem. I have e-mailed contributors services an hour ago. I'll let you know if I get a reply.

Gen

This is Alamy's reply I got this morning following my reporting of not being able to enter a location:

"Regarding not being able to add a location, this was a known issue but has since been fixed by our technical team so please try again and if the problem still persists then get back to us with screen grabs of the error and we can look into it for you."

I tried again just now, sure enough I was able to enter something in the field but it only works to a fashion.

I entered "Pamamaroo Creek, near Menindee, New South Wales, Australia" and it promptly displayed the map of Clacton-on-sea in the UK....

After a Save, the map disappeared. A 2mm field seems to try and display a map underneath the location field. 

When I clicked on the location entered above, it then prompted for some other location in Australia.

I'm not too bothered, I have more urgent things to do, but... don't they have testers??

This is Alamy's reply I got this morning following my reporting of not being able to enter a location:

"Regarding not being able to add a location, this was a known issue but has since been fixed by our technical team so please try again and if the problem still persists then get back to us with screen grabs of the error and we can look into it for you."

I tried again just now, sure enough I was able to enter something in the field but it only works to a fashion.

I entered "Pamamaroo Creek, near Menindee, New South Wales, Australia" and it promptly displayed the map of Clacton-on-sea in the UK....

After a Save, the map disappeared. A 2mm field seems to try and display a map underneath the location field. 

When I clicked on the location entered above, it then prompted for some other location in Australia.

I'm not too bothered, I have more urgent things to do, but... don't they have testers??

They were in Clacton-on-Sea.

wim

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

This evening's location is Cameroon. In recent weeks Google Maps seems to only work office hours in the UK (I need to find out with which union they are affiliated), so during any evening work it takes me on a World tour - most frequently the States. It lets me enter and save a correct manually-entered location, but I guess should the map facility ever become an actual function that the location won't be correctly registered.

Archived